Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Melaine, I had the same experience with ds's closet and, guess what, the resistant dd I spoke of earlier is now a convert! There was tons of eye rolling, but then I showed her how to fold them and stack vertically, and the girl with the sarcastic comebacks said she likes it this way! Now the former slob has started folding things Kondo style ON HER OWN lol This is a miracle, or maybe the dormant organizing genes are coming out.

Now we can actually see everything when we open the drawers. I also used my favorite Multipurpose bins (container store) to store other items that were once horizontally stacked on a closet shelf. Things also tend to stay neater this way.

jerseygirl07067, I had posted another thread on this, and I think others have, too. It's one of my favorite topics, of late

I wouldn't involve younger kids too much, or dh for that matter. He's worse than the kids! I found a bag of old white Indian men's garments that were twice his size. He wanted to keep them and WEAR them, insisting that his sister had given them to him and oh how he longed for the traditional garb, vs. the more modern, colorful ones I buy. Turns out this was a bag of hand me downs i had taken from a friend to give to an organization that donates them to Pakistan! I had forgotten all about it. So yes, dh is no longer in the loop for most things, except stuff that I know fits him
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My 9yo LOVES the Konmari fold, but I haven't been able to get anyone to consistently help out... so only their pants and PJ's get folded that way. I'm back to hanging their shirts (which my son can do himself).

I still Konmari fold all of my things except most shirts/sweaters and all bottoms. It's been several months! I sometimes hate folding all my underwear, but it really makes for a more organized drawer with TONS more space. I fold all my PJs and workout clothes, and even my socks! I ended up with at least two big drawers empty.

The best part was folding all my winter stuff late last spring -- most of it fit into two 12x12 fabric bins! It used to take up two big plastic storage bins. Bulky sweaters, all my heavier pants and leggings, etc. It all fit.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5