Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ms B is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    How old was he when he finally took to it? Nine months? Or older? DD2 is 13.5 months.
    Nine months almost to the day (maybe about a week past). We handed him the bunny in the store and he went into death grip mode by the end of the day (he now would say that he had it in his "pinchy claw").

He has not slept without the bunny since then except for one time where a sitter put him down for nap without it. Don't ask me how, I have no idea -- this same sitter can get him to poop on the potty when we cannot. She clearly has magic powers.

My thought is to take her to a store where there are lots of potential loveys and keep handing them to her until she will not let go of one.
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default How to get DD to take a lovey?

Both of my girls didn't take loves until they were 9-12 months old, maybe a little it older. I honestly didn't notice them carrying around their blankets and or a stuffed animal until they were both walking, so DD1 was 16 months old and DD2 was 2 weeks shy of 18 months old. DD1 actually didn't insist on taking her teddy bear places with her until she was about 3 (most times we kept it in the car, except for overnight visits). She never carried her blankets anywhere either until she was older either.

Dd1 used a paci until she was 3 months old and figured out how to get her hands in her mouth and then never tried it again. Dd2 used a paci until she was 6 months old and I bought her the 6 mos. + size one and she wanted nothing to do with it. She has sucked her thumb since; now just does it when she is tired and wants to sleep.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Only one of my kids ever became attached to a lovey. And she was 2.5 when it started. As toddlers, they only wanted me to comfort them.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Only one of my kids ever became attached to a lovey. And she was 2.5 when it started. As toddlers, they only wanted me to comfort them.
    This is me, too. DD has had a puppy for her lovey since the preschool did a veterinarian day where they brought in stuffies from home and gave them shots and bandages and the like. I scrounged around in the stuffie pile to find one I didn't care about in case it got lost at school, and BAM! The puppy I considered disposable became elevated to super status. DD was 2.5. She's had stuffies in her crib since it was safe, but she never took to anything before that day. DS never had a single lovey, though often he'd want to sleep with a favorite book or toy (like a truck or car.) again, that wasn't until he was a toddler, probably 2+.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2