mikeys_mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default 6th birthday gift ideas

My twins turn 6 next week and I have zero idea of what to buy them. When I asked them what they want, DD2 said "The cutest stuffed puppy dog you can find." DD3 just said she wants something different from DD2.

I need to find something from me and DH as well as something from MIL and something from my parents, who all just sent money and asked me to take care of it...

They really need nothing. We got them new scooters last year and they got new bikes this summer as a reward for our move. They have several large dollhouses and got a huge Playmobil set for Hanukkah. We have lots of arts and crafts supplies as I stocked up in the summer before we moved. We have tons of lego and lots of magnatiles.

They both told me just to pick something they will like because I always buy the best gifts. Oy, they are not making this easy.
    I don't need a wow gift or feel like I need to spend a certain amount. Just something they will enjoy. It needs to be a gift, not an "experience" and can't take up a ton of space because we are in a small house and I feel like we are at our limit with big toys. Also, no electronics as we have enough. I'll get DD2 "the cutest stuffed puppy" she asked for but still need a few other things.

Help! Any ideas?!?!?
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6

Do they like dolls? If so as twins would they have fun with Bitty Twins? It would be fun to go and pick them out at the store and get a couple of outfits. If you have a store near you then you could also eat at the restaurant and make it a fun day for them. Or if you don't and order it you can buy some clothes or accessories as the grandparent gifts. Good luck!

HonoluluMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Dress up clothes, board games, kinetic sand, books, fashion plates.

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS2 will be 6 in May and has been playing with a Perplexis Rookie every day for weeks now! He also LOVES his Crayola marker maker that he got for Christmas. Even DH and I have made our own custom markers with it! For games, his favorites are Sorry and Monopoly Jr. right now.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My dd loves Uno, Skipbo, and Old Maid card games. She loves Elephant and Piggie, Junie B, and Heidi Heckelbeck books. She is saving for a Build a Bear trip. She made a dog with grandma that has a barker in it.
    She loves shopkins which are hard to find in our area.
    I am giving her a swimsuit, coverup, and towel for her swim party.
    HTH

do they enjoy getting clothes as gifts? my daughter probably wouldn't , but my niece loves clothes or boots as a gift. fancy hair accessories that you might not splurge on otherwise? are they girly like that- a purse? jewelry?