Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Not a problem for us either. I would just make sure the 11 year old feels she has enough privacy for changing clothes, etc.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Not a problem for us either. I would just make sure the 11 year old feels she has enough privacy for changing clothes, etc.
    Agree. At 11 I had boobs and my period. I would have been embarrassed to share a room, and embarrassed to say why.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I always change clothes in the bathroom when sharing a room with anyone (of any sex/age) other than my husband and have since I can remember. I'm just a very private person I guess? But even being a private person, I have never balked at sleeping arrangements since it never occurred to me that we would be using the bedroom for changing purposes.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My 11 year old has all the trappings of puberty, and so she definitely needs privacy for changing. But as long as that is spelled out clearly, for sleeping it's fine. I'd make sure your little guy understands he can't go barging in on her. As well, if he's an early riser and she's like mine (sleeps forever), he will need to learn to get up quietly and get out lest he see what an angry 11 year old girl looks like...lol...

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I wouldn't have a problem with it. My 5.5 yr old would love to share a room with his 13 yr old girl cousin, he thinks she's cool.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    I always change clothes in the bathroom when sharing a room with anyone (of any sex/age) other than my husband and have since I can remember. I'm just a very private person I guess? But even being a private person, I have never balked at sleeping arrangements since it never occurred to me that we would be using the bedroom for changing purposes.
    gosh, I hate changing in the bathroom! I feel so cramped, I always forget something, and I end up with at least one article of wet clothes. Different strokes!
    Last edited by TwinFoxes; 02-18-2015 at 12:02 AM. Reason: typo
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

DD is 11yo, and shares a cabin room with my BFF's DSs who are 4yo and 6yo. She's fine with it so far. I can see this changing in a few short years, though. But, by the time she feels "too old," the cabin's upper loft will be free for her to sleep there.
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

No problem.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

mousemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks all! I think it would be ok, but I don't have an 11 year old girl, so I didn't want to suggest it as an option if most people thought it was a bad idea. I would expect that changing would be done in parent's rooms or bathrooms.
    DS 11/08
    DS2 3/13

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Honestly I'd just ask her mom, she'll know how her daughter will be.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast