Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Our old bosch took 117 minutes, the new one takes 2:30 hrs.
    ETA: we run on either normal or auto with sanitize on.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ours takes a long time, too, but we always run it before bed, so the timing doesn't matter. (Now, I wish my clothes washer would take less than two hours!! Even if it says it has 1 minute left, it will continue for another 45 minutes.)

We have a miele machine and it takes forever too! We usually run it on normal or pots and pans options overnight. When I do need to run it during daytime, I usually pick express option so I can empty it before dinner rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

sariana is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think it takes longer when it is conserving water. On ours the "quick wash" uses more water. We live in CA, so I never use that mode. I remember reading about it in the manual. The more efficient modes take more time.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Our Bosch takes 2.5 hours. I always run it on "Heavy" and "Sanitize." I always run it after dinner/before bed so the long run time is never a problem.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

sste is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

They all do. Our appliance salesperson told me the reason is that the new env. regulations require much more water and energy conservation and apparently slower and longer cycles are more conservation-friendly.

I got a miele with an express cycle. Usually I am so lazy that I like the two hour break where I can feel the dishwasher is productively doing something but I am not! Our nanny though vastly prefers the express cycle so I am glad we have it. Other DWs have express cycles, I would personally only buy one in the future that does have something like this because sometimes 2.5 hours is just not convenient.
    ds 2007
    dd 2010
    baby dd 2014

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We have a Miele, cycles are long, but we've had Bosch in the past and we were used to that. We usually run an economy cycle before bed, so it doesn't really matter to me. I will occasionally use the express cycle during the day (hate unloading dishes right before dinnertime, for ex, so will run bkfast/lunch dishes on occasion midday with express cycle.). Usually we only run it once a day, and that's before bed.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have Bosch and auto santize is about 2.5 hours. If I'm impatient, express is just 60 minutes but stuff comes out wetter. We normally run in the evening or before we leave for work, so the long run doesn't bother me.

is everyones plastic/tupperware super dry out of these newer machines? maybe no one uses plastic anymore but we sure do and it drives me nuts. our cheap machine leaves glass, ceramics dry, but the plastic stuff is dripping wet and i have to leave it out a day to dry on the counter.
    glib-gabbety puke stockings.
    ds 11/09
    dd 10/13

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The "turbo" cycle on our Miele brings the normal cycle to about 2hrs, without turbo it's about 2.5-2.75 hrs. It runs after dinner/ before bed so doesn't really matter.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast