Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Presents for kids you don't know....

Mopey has a few birthday parties coming up. I agree that around $20 is a nice number for a present. Are these good as a present? She has loved them....

http://www.amazon.com/Chronicle-Book...s=lacing+cards

http://www.amazon.com/Candy-Land-Kin...rds=candy+land (with maybe a cheaper lacing card set?)

Anyone have any better ideas please? TIA!
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Both are good. But, for kids I don't really know, we always stick with getting somewhere that we can get a gift receipt.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I don't know how old the kids are, but lacing cards for a 3-4 year old is a good gift. We like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Eeboo-Friendli...o+lacing+cards

Books are always a great gift. The Book With No Pictures was released recently, so it's possible that they haven't seen it yet.
    Last edited by citymama; 02-18-2015 at 07:51 PM.

for Sandy Hook

HonoluluMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I agree with the PP about a gift receipt. I've done books and craft kits before.

Thanks everyone. Last year Mopey only got one present with a return receipt so I hadn't thought about that - specifically from daycare friends, who are the kids I don't know that well obviously I do always like to give something good though.....and they are all turning three.

I just saw the book with no pictures a few weeks ago and it is so adorable and funny! That may be the best route. Was just hoping to save some time & money....

More ideas/opinions welcome please & thanks

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My favorite gift for all the 3 year old parties we went to were the Orb Factory My First Sticky Mosaics. Perfect for keeping a 3 year old entertained on their own for a long time! Great for traveling too!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...+f%2Caps%2C316
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We've been giving books to DD's daycare buddies this year - they're relatively inexpensive (my non-family gift budget is more like $15 or less per kid) and allow parents a much-appreciated respite from another toy they have to find a place for.

The kids may not appreciate it immediately, though, but we are thankfully not invited to many parties where the birthday child opens presents.

And we always give gift receipts, just in case.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I think your options are fine. I usually give books to kids I don't know well, and I enclose a gift receipt.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For that age range we usually give something like lacing cards, Crocodile Creek or Melissa and Doug floor puzzles, books or art supplies. If the weather is nice we sometimes give outdoor consumables like cool chalk, bubbles, Frisbee.

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    My favorite gift for all the 3 year old parties we went to were the Orb Factory My First Sticky Mosaics. Perfect for keeping a 3 year old entertained on their own for a long time! Great for traveling too!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...+f%2Caps%2C316
    This looks so great! ...but I can't imagine Mopey actually following the colors and/or doing it on her own. Hmmmmmmm.......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast