Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    viba424 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Hoardy to have two of the same quilt?

I purchased a beautiful Garnet Hill quilt in white for $38, original price was about about $150-200 or so. I decided to keep the king (we love it), and DH is insisting I sent back the queen. My argument is it could be nice for company or a backup quilt, and white is a nice versatile color. Problem is we don't have a guest bedroom, and dont freqently have company, so actually it would more likely serve as a backup when the other one is in the wash. Not out of the question since it seems I have been known to spill coffee on it in the morning.

Justiafable to keep, or just get my 40 bucks back? I think I must have my mothers hoardy tendencies

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

You have to pay for return shipping, right? So that's another $7 deducted from your return amount. For $30, I'd keep it! Link please!

for Sandy Hook

viba424 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    You have to pay for return shipping, right? So that's another $7 deducted from your return amount. For $30, I'd keep it! Link please!
    Here is the link. I have to do a return anyway but good point girl!

http://reviews.garnethill.com/6437/2...ews.htm?page=2

Totally keep. Nice find!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

For that price I would keep it. Great find!!

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    For that price I would keep it. Great find!!
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

I'll b in the minority and vote "hoardy." Yes it's a great price but there is just not a strong designated use for it and it takes up space in your home.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

op, do you have a queen size bed in your house? if not, i'd exchange it for another king size IF IF IF you truly love it and want to use it forever. this is so me. I am very picky but when I love something, i want (and will!) use it forever, so yes, if I found a great deal on a GH quilt that I loved, i would buy 2.

but it doesn't make much sense to me, to keep a size that you don't have a bed in, unless you think you will be getting a queen guest bed?
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmomagain View Post
    I'll b in the minority and vote "hoardy." Yes it's a great price but there is just not a strong designated use for it and it takes up space in your home.
    But I'm pretty ruthless about getting rid of items if they aren't used. It's not a great deal to me if something isn't used much or at all.

mousemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

If you don't currently have a bed it fits on and don't plan to get one, I'd return it.
    DS 11/08
    DS2 3/13

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast