DS is two months shy of three and I have been dragging my feet on potty training for multiple reasons. I figured with the cold cold weather yesterday was a good day to start. We talked it up, bought lots of treats and a few poop prizes, got balloons, made a star sticker chart; the works. Yesterday went ok. I quickly realized that he will always pee on command but never admit he has to go if asked. We seemed to need to go every 15 minutes to prevent accidents. But he went faithfully pretty much every time I set him on the potty. We put a pullup on for naptime and an overnight for last night but he peed about 15 times on the potty the rest of the day. After he went to bed, he called me and said he had to poop. I figured he was just stalling, but he did poop on the potty.

So my question is: do I space out the 15 minute timer today? is he going to start telling me he has to go? Do I let him have more accidents to get a feel for what not to do? This is the exact OPPOSITE of training the girls. They held it all day our first day and refused to go at all! Any tips are appreciated!!!