Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I am a huge fitbit fan and I think it is probably the most cost efficient fitness monitor. I've had both the one and the zip and I like the zip better because it doesn't need to be charged and I don't monitor my sleep. I have an ongoing competition with a friend although this winter has slowed us both down.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    Can't comment about the social media aspect, but I turn Bluetooth on for only a minute or so once a day to sync my Fitbit with my iPad or iPod. I suppose you might want to sync more often if you really want frequent social media updates, but probably not enough to worry about exposure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I only turn on my bluetooth on a for a minute as well. Usually at night right before I go to bed.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

kboyle is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm eyeing the aria scale. Hemlock, is it *just a scale* that syncs with Fitbit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kristine, Supermommy to
    Charlie (6/2003), Max (8/2005) & Ernie (5/2007)

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Fitbit and other fitness monitors?

I have the Aria scale, and the fat % is completely innacurate for me. It's correct for my husband, though. It's kind of a hassle because anyone who steps on it needs to have an account. If someone else is close to your weight, it will assume it's you. You can delete entries manually on the FitBit site or app, though. ETA: It's kept me at 37% fat despite a 40lb weight loss and serious muscle gain. Calipers register at around 22% fat.
    Last edited by pastrygirl; 02-26-2015 at 04:22 PM.

kboyle is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Hmmm, maybe I'll get it at best buy since they have a good return policy... We've needed a new scale for so long and I just keep hesitating getting it. I keep thinking the 30 yr old scale that used to be my parents is sufficient even though I know it's off lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kristine, Supermommy to
    Charlie (6/2003), Max (8/2005) & Ernie (5/2007)

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i have a fitbit flex and the aria scale. i like really like the scale and how it logs everything so i don't have to keep track.

and yes, the best thing about fitbit is competing with friends/coworkers. i always feel bad when i see my weekly total drop down. or its 1pm and i see i've only moved 3,000 steps so far that day...guilts me into feeling bad about not moving around.

i bought mine from bestbuy almost a year ago. i've had to call Fitbit cs over a couple issues (band breaking, etc) but they always just had me email copy of my receipt and they send me a replacement. they can take some time but they do respond if you've been having issues with something.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've had a Fitbit Flex since Sept. I like it and was very motivated by it the first few months but since winter set in I've been pretty lazy I don't really know other people IRL who have one to compete with them. I got a Fitbit Zip for DH to wear but he wasn't really into it and after a week (and losing it a few times) he gave up. I think if I had more friends to compete with it would make it more motivating for me. Anyone wanna be Fitibit buddies?

I like how the Flex is always on me and I've had no issues with it falling off. I only take it off to shower and to charge it. I do sleep in it and at first the sleep tracking was pretty interesting to see but I don't really look at it anymore. I don't think its the most accurate tracker, as it doesn't count steps if I'm carrying something, pushing a shopping cart, etc. I can work all day as a substitute elem. teacher and be on my feet all day and only get a few thousand steps on it, I think because I'm not actively swinging my arms as I walk around the classroom helping kids. I wasn't really looking to lost weight with it, just for it to help me be more aware of my daily activity levels. I do have it synced with MFP and tracked my food intake vs. exercise for about 1-2 months before I kinda let go of that too..... Oh, I do wish it had a watch on it, that would be helpful at times. I haven't worn a watch in years but now that I am running Girl Scout meetings, substitute teaching, etc., a watch would be nice. I'm too cheap to shell out for the newer models with watches on them though.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have a Fitbit One and chose it because it has the best reviews out of all the Fitbit devices (4.5 stars, while the rest have 3.5-4 stars). I wear it clipped on my bra and didn't want one that went on my wrist because I wanted to still be able to wear it when I was dressed up. Also, the reviews on the wrist ones say it doesn't count your steps accurately when you're pushing a shopping cart, which I do a lot of. Also, I read the wrist ones add steps when you're driving a car and I didn't want that either. I also wanted to be able to track my sleep, which the other clip on Fitbit doesn't do. I've been extremely happy with my One and even bought one for my mom.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I have a Fitbit One and chose it because it has the best reviews out of all the Fitbit devices (4.5 stars, while the rest have 3.5-4 stars). I wear it clipped on my bra and didn't want one that went on my wrist because I wanted to still be able to wear it when I was dressed up. Also, the reviews on the wrist ones say it doesn't count your steps accurately when you're pushing a shopping cart, which I do a lot of. Also, I read the wrist ones add steps when you're driving a car and I didn't want that either. I also wanted to be able to track my sleep, which the other clip on Fitbit doesn't do. I've been extremely happy with my One and even bought one for my mom.
    DH bought me the one a year ago and I love it. I didn't pick it out as it was a gift, but now that I know others who have the wrist version I am glad I have this one. One of the preschool moms says it doesn't count her steps accurately when she runs with a jogging stroller. (She is very into fitness - works out 7 days a week so I think she spent a lot of time monitoring it.) Our preschool is on a huge hill and she says it seems to count a few steps while she is driving up the hill, but not down the hill. She said she was going to replace it with a one, but not sure if she has done it. I do not use the social media aspect at all except to compete with DH, but a year later and I'm more active than I was then. I alternate clipping mine to my bra and my jeans. The bad part about clipping to your jeans is forgetting about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2