Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It looks white and gold to me. DH looked at the same picture on my monitor and sees the dress as blue and black.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I could only see the blue and black when I saw it last night. Just now when I clicked on the link I saw the top of the dress in the bottom photo as white and gold for a second while I scrolled down on my phone. As soon as I got to the middle of the dress it all turned to blue and black. It's so funny to see how people see the same thing!

I was wondering if I'd see it differently today after reading about it changing colors for the white/gold camp but I still see it the same. DH is very happy that DS said blue/black. I haven't seen anything about how people with different eye colors view the dress, but maybe because that's a dumb question? But I was wondering if different eye colors would view it differently? I'm blue and DH and DS are brown so I was wondering if that has anything to do with the different views? Especially since we all looked at the dress in the same conditions, same room and same screen. Think it's very interesting to find out how completely differently we can all view something!

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by rin View Post
    If I look at the top part of the picture, I see white & gold; if I scroll the window so I can only see the bottom part I see blue & black. I think it's because of the contrasting colors around the image.
    This is how I saw. The first part I saw Gold and White, after scrolling down and up again I see Blue and Black.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

DSD - 4/98
    DS - 3/01
    DD - 4/08

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I can totally see both. But I think it is blue and black.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have always seen white/gold until the link in the first post. I still see white/gold (white made light blue by lighting/shadowing) in the top picture, but blue/black in the lower pictures (never saw those photos before).

Does anyone see white/gold in the later pictures of the link in the OP? I'm trying to figure out if I'm starting to see the blue/black or if those later pictures aren't subject to the optical illusion occurring in the first photo.

BTW- I think the dress is much prettier in white and gold.

I see nothing other than bright royal blue and black. I can't even begin to image how anyone else sees white and gold. Amazing what lighting and the human eye can do!!!
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

KrisM is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ExcitedMamma View Post
    I was wondering if I'd see it differently today after reading about it changing colors for the white/gold camp but I still see it the same. DH is very happy that DS said blue/black. I haven't seen anything about how people with different eye colors view the dress, but maybe because that's a dumb question? But I was wondering if different eye colors would view it differently? I'm blue and DH and DS are brown so I was wondering if that has anything to do with the different views? Especially since we all looked at the dress in the same conditions, same room and same screen. Think it's very interesting to find out how completely differently we can all view something!
    All 5 of us have blue eyes. Mine lean towards green a bit, but DH and the 3 kids are very bright, definite blue. We all see it differently!
    Kris

Funny, I just asked Ds (5) what two colors he saw and he says "green and blue"! Blue for the body of the dress, green for the lace. That, I can sort of see. Like a dark army green in the right light....but still nothing even remotely white or gold!
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast