Default Early pregnancy and Hypothroid

Just curious if anyone has experience with being Hypothyroid and very newly pregnant. I've read a bit about how being hypothyroid can cause miscarriages, and that getting your levels checked early is pretty important. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this.
    thanks!

Ack! Sorry for the typo in the title, can't figure out how to change it...
    Last edited by dylansnan; 03-04-2015 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Typo

Sweetum is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am hypothyroid and from my info regulating thyroid levels during pregnancy more so in the first trimester is very important. So, yes you should take it and continue to monitor it.

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

No first hand experience or knowledge, but my friend was hypothyroid (or hyper I never can remember) and I know she was on meds to regulate her thyroid since the first trimester. She went on to have an uneventful pregnancy(her 2nd) and now a bubbly 3 year old girl. Good luck!
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Back when I was TTC and was diagnosed with Hashimotos, my endocrinologist told me that I was to call her as soon as I got a postisitve pregnancy test. She upped my dosage of Levoxyl immediately and tested me every 6 weeks.
    DS 2/09

OP here, I think I posted this the day I got a + HPT ( over eager ) about a month ago. I had my levels checked within the week and they were great. My midwife will continue to check them regularly.
    Background: I was diagnosed with Graves 15 years ago, had RAI to treat. So am now hypo, have been on Synthroid since then.
    All seems to be going well. Thanks for the feedback.

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dylansnan View Post
    OP here, I think I posted this the day I got a + HPT ( over eager ) about a month ago. I had my levels checked within the week and they were great. My midwife will continue to check them regularly.
    Background: I was diagnosed with Graves 15 years ago, had RAI to treat. So am now hypo, have been on Synthroid since then.
    All seems to be going well. Thanks for the feedback.
    No experience with hypothyroid, but wanted to say congrats! Glad everything looks good, hopefully you have an smooth 9 months.
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Mermanaid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My doctor checked my levels several times during the pregnancy. Funny enough, the only time I haven't had to take synthroid was when I was pregnant. Totally normal levels the entire pregnancy but I had to get back on synthroid right after giving birth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Jenn

My loves:
    DD 11/2004
    DS 6/2007