Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ponchos or ??

Mali is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Ponchos or ??

Looks like it's supposed to be either raining or thunderstorms while we're at WDW next week. Would you only bring ponchos as a just in case or some kind of a lightweight rain windbreaker type thing? All our raincoats/jackets that we have are designed for colder temps, not mid 70s-80s. What would you use for warm rain other than ponchos?

Staraglimmer is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

I like ponchos because they are easy on and off. You can easily protect your whole outfit as well as your backpack or purse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stephanie

Mommy to two little girls,
    April 2008
    June 2012

and a baby boy
    Oct 2018

Hemlock is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I wouldn't worry about the forecast for next week just yet. The long term weather forecast for Orlando is notoriously inaccurate. I usually wait until 2-3 days before our arrival and then start to worry. I always buy ponchos from the dollar store and keep them in my backpack just in case.

P.S. I'll also be in Orlando next week, so I'm also keeping an eye on the weather

I go for cheap ponchos. They cover more and are less hassle than jackets when the sun inevitable comes out 30 minutes later.

I have one for each person and one for the stroller in the stroller bag.

klwa is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock View Post
    I always buy ponchos from the dollar store and keep them in my backpack just in case.
    That's what we do. I try to have enough for a couple of days.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We brought dollar store ponchos as well as rain gear (rain jackets / rain pants). We used both. You could get away with just ponchos, but the rain gear was nice for the kids.

Mali is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Where are the ponchos usually in the dollar stores? I was just in Dollar Tree yesterday and wandered the entire store, but didn't see them jump out at me and I (stupidly) didn't make a list so I could look for specific things. Where would one buy rain jackets/pants?

Personally, I would go with ponchos. We got ours at walmart, the kids ones had Disney characters on them! I wouldn't bother with umbrellas because it's so much to cart. I would make sure you have waterproof shoes for all of you as well. Have fun!

ETA: Also, if you have a particularly rainy day in the forecast, you might want to try doing EPCOT that day because it has a TON of indoor stuff to do/see. We spent our rainiest day at EPCOT and it was a total blast!
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

I like the disposable ponchos. I purchase a bunch off Amazon, keep them in my backpack.
    Alaina
    DS1 12 , DS2 7.5 and DS3 5

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I got some tiny, cheapo ponchos at Target last week for $1.42 each. (I've bought them before in the dollar bin, but not recently.) These were in the camping supply section. We keep them in our hikng packs for emergencies because they're so small and light.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast