Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bump for different ideas please?

Would sports equipment work? Like a soccer goal, or t-ball set with bases? I think I've seen good reviews on the backyard roller coaster toy, I think it's by step2? Do you have stomp rockets?
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MommyAllison View Post
    Would sports equipment work? Like a soccer goal, or t-ball set with bases? I think I've seen good reviews on the backyard roller coaster toy, I think it's by step2? Do you have stomp rockets?
    We have a set of Pugg soccer goals that get a lot of use as well as a set of bases for baseball/softball/kickball. And our stomp rockets and balloon rockets get a lot of love too with my kids and their friends.

Quote Originally Posted by MommyAllison View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by acmom View Post
    We have a set of Pugg soccer goals that get a lot of use as well as a set of bases for baseball/softball/kickball. And our stomp rockets and balloon rockets get a lot of love too with my kids and their friends.
    My son is not so interested in sports. We have a little tikes basketball hoop and soccer net bought two years ago, that has barely gotten any use... We are trying to encourage sports, but he prefers bikes, swings, chalk and running around wildly ;-)

I'd love the roller coaster, but prefer the extreme one- except for the price tag! Not sure the smaller one is worth it...

Stomp rockets sound fun for the summer, but does it need lots of room? My backyard is kind of small.

mousemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Stomp rockets have gotten a lot of use here too. They don't need a lot of room, although they do work best in a clear area without a lot of trees to get stuck in. They mostly go straight up, but sometimes get blown around in the wind. Hoppy balls, large tonka dump trucks, tents, and sand table have all been popular here.

I considered getting one of these spinning platform swings for our yard, but went with a swing set with a tire swing instead :
    http://www.hearthsong.com/Outdoor-Pl...nd-Special.htm

I've also considered one of these Jungle Jumparoos - seems somewhat safer than a trampoline:
    http://www.hearthsong.com/outdoor-pl...rooand174;.htm
    DS 11/08
    DS2 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by mousemom View Post
    Stomp rockets have gotten a lot of use here too. They don't need a lot of room, although they do work best in a clear area without a lot of trees to get stuck in. They mostly go straight up, but sometimes get blown around in the wind. Hoppy balls, large tonka dump trucks, tents, and sand table have all been popular here.

I considered getting one of these spinning platform swings for our yard, but went with a swing set with a tire swing instead :
    http://www.hearthsong.com/Outdoor-Pl...nd-Special.htm

I've also considered one of these Jungle Jumparoos - seems somewhat safer than a trampoline:
    http://www.hearthsong.com/outdoor-pl...rooand174;.htm
    I love both those sets- but much more $ than I have to spend! Thanks!

I do appreciate all these suggestons! I was hoping for a large outdoor toy (with the other attributes also) that wouldn't be more than $250- but that really doesn't seem possible, right? I may get some smaller activities that were rec'd but anything on a larger scale?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2