Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ray7694 View Post
    Curious what you pack for hot
    My kids love mini raviolis, chicken nuggets, mini corndogs, their favorite
    casseroles, enchiladas, leftovers, etc.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

kali is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Does the cold really need to be cold or can it be room temperature? I don't worry about keeping yogurt or cheese cold for a few hours (they were invented to preserve dairy, after all). Fruit, veggies, hummos are also safe at room temp the same day, as long as your kids don't mind that it's not refrigerator-cold.

We use the Zojirushi Ms. Bento. If you prime it with hot water, the bottom container stays warm (my son takes in mini ravioli and meatballs and he's never complained) and the top gets no warmer than room temp. I usually put fruit in the top container and my kids report that it actually stays pretty cool.

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    DDs have been interested in bringing hot lunches in their thermoses and I've just been jamming them into their planetbox lunch bags (not ideal) along with an ice pack for their yogurt, cheese, fruit, etc. But I don't think it's working - the ice pack cools the thermos down so that the food is only lukewarm by lunchtime. How do you pack lunches where you have both a hot a cold component? Or do you just not? I almost feel like I need to get different lunch bags for hot lunches vs. planetbox lunches...
    I'd do a hot lunch or a cold lunch -- as you stated, you are working against yourself here. (OTOH I don't see the need to keep cheese and fruit cold.)
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2