trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default Need food ideas for car ride

In a few weeks DD will start swim lessons. I will have just enough time when we get home from work/daycare to change her to her bathing suit and get to swim lessons. I know she will be hungry. I need ideas on what I can give her to eat on the way home from daycare. I do have access to a fridge at work. TIA!
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Cheese, crackers & a fruit; a Kind bar; banana & peanut butter sandwich

We love nuts, cheese, and fruit for small car meals before sports. If you need to be nut free, substitute seeds or crackers. We also do kashi bars (there are some that have decent protein) in the car. If you have squeeze pouches you can fill yourself, you can do Greek yogurt. My kids won't do deli meats, but turkey and cheese or similar roll-ups are great for car snacking. Most sandwiches work well in the car, too. I used to pack grilled cheese and sliced apples for my little one to eat during her brother's evening activities. Now I pack her a bento with cheese, nuts, fruit, and something snacky like cheddar bunnies or plantain chips.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We love these pretzel thins, although they don't have much nutritional value:
    http://pretzelcrisps.com/

And Belvita now makes handy little packages of bit-sizes crackers (less crumbly than eating a whole cracker):
    http://www.belvitabreakfast.com/bites#mixed-berry
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Cheese, crackers, fruit, granola bars, pb& just, wraps, squeezable yogurts, pasta salad (you could add veggies, cheese, olives so it's all in one container), hard boiled eggs