Default Which is the best Disneyland Crowd Calendar?

I've looked at IsItPacked.com (http://www.isitpacked.com/disneyland...ctor-calendar/) and the Disneyland 365 Crowd Calendar (http://www.rmhtravel.com/disneyland-...-calendar.html) and they had different predictions. Any recommendations about which is better? Is there another one that people prefer?
    Happy Healthy and Handsome DS 8/13

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've used isitpacked for awhile and I like it. Looking over the links you gave, I feel like it is more consistent with what I've come to know and expect at Disneyland. I'm not an expert, but I've been a lot!

There's a current (last 3 year) issue with crowd calendars for Disneyland.... With the addition of CarsLand in 2012, there's not a lot of historical data on what to expect anymore. We can give general guesses based on national and local holidays, days off from local schools, promotions going on in the park, etc., but they can't account much for CarsLand drawing people in. That being said, CarsLand isn't the draw that it used to be when it first opened. What days are you looking at? I may be able to help you figure out what the crowds are likely to be like.
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

We are looking at the beginning of October. Originally we were looking at the middle, but once I realized that most Cal schools have Columbus day (Oct 12) off, we moved back a week.

Most typically, rides will shut down in the middle or end of September for the holiday overlays, and reopen a week or two later. There's only a few that will do this (off the top of my head: it's a small world, Space Mtn, Haunted Mansion; I feel like I'm forgetting 1 or 2 though!). So, early October is generally a great time to go, as things are generally back open. On a scale of 1-10, I'd expect things to be around a 4 during the week, and maybe a 6-7 on the weekends. Locals are going to be coming to check out the new (and returning!) decorations, which will increase crowds on Friday nights and over the weekends. Other things that will increase crowds: Gay Days (Oct 2-4, will increase significantly), CHOC walk (Oct 11, will increase significantly), Columbus Day (as you noted, Oct 12, will increase significantly), and Utah schools out (Oct 15-16, will increase moderately as they may take the whole week off for a family vacation).
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Still-in-Shock View Post
    We are looking at the beginning of October. Originally we were looking at the middle, but once I realized that most Cal schools have Columbus day (Oct 12) off, we moved back a week.
    You will be fine. Columbus Day is not a day off in most districts in this area in my experience (I am 10 miles to the west), plus it isn't even a holiday for state employees anymore and it really isn't a private sector holiday either. Anaheim's k-8 schools are on year round school, but honestly that shouldn't be a huge deal even if a couple of schools are off the weeks you want to go. Get to the park by 9 am and plan on staying late if you can and you will be fine. Yes you will want to avoid the park on Choc Walk day. I think if you avoided the Choc Walk day and the Gay days you should be just fine, and a plus the weather should be great.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Thanks Annie!