khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Question about Wii & Super Smash Bros

So DS was over at his cousins house and played Super Smash Bros on their Wii. Now he is asking for the game. But I can only find Super Smash Bros Brawl for regular Wii. And looks like Super Smash Bros is for Wii U. Is that right? Anyone know the difference?

I have an email to my SIL to find out which one he played, but wanted to double check the facts here.

Ironically, I got him Super Smash Bros for his 3DS for Xmas, but he never really played it. And we havent been able to find the 3DS since late February. He was playing it one night in the basement play room and looked for it at bedtime and it was missing and we havent seen it since. 3DS needs a Find My 3DS app.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Question about Wii & Super Smash Bros

We have both. The kids really like the newer one for the WiiU.
    Eta- Brawl is the most recent just Wii version but I'd skip it in favor of the WiiU one. Newer is usually better (though Mario Party 8 is a million times better than 10, FYI!). If you don't think your kids would care about new then the old version is well liked here.
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 04-14-2015 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    We have both. The kids really like the newer one for the WiiU.
    Eta- Brawl is the most recent just Wii version but I'd skip it in favor of the WiiU one. Newer is usually better (though Mario Party 8 is a million times better than 10, FYI!). If you don't think your kids would care about new then the old version is well liked here.
    We dont have a Wii U so it would have to be the Brawl version unless we got a Wii U. Can you explain the Wii U to me?

When you buy it does it only come with one gamepad?

Do you need more than one gamepad for 2 kids to play at once? Do the old Wii remotes work with a Wii U? So confused...
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

You can only use one gamepad. The old remotes work, as I understand it. We never had a Wii, but have the Wii U.
    Kris

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We had a Wii and now a Wii U. We can use our old remotes but some games might require the remote to have the motion plus or adapter.

Only one game pad but the games are designed with that in mind. For example, both Wii Party U and Party Party 10 have special features available to the person using the game pad for their turn. But, a game like Smash Bros., no one has to use the game pad at all. One can use it and the others can just play with remotes on the TV. Owning 2+ game pads isn't going to happen here and it hasn't ever come up. With the Smash Bros, you do use the pad to "train" amiibos (like Skylander/ Disney Infinity characters). That's all I have seen the game pad used for with it.

We like the Wii U. I like that a kid can't hog the TV playing video games because one kiddo can play a game on the pad. Only bummer is, at least in our house, you can't get too far out of range of the Wii U. In our case that means they have to stay in the family room.

Thanks. I just ordered the Super Smash Bros Brawl for him to use with our old Wii. Maybe we'll upgrade to the Wii U at some point but not ready to spend $300 right now for it!
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008