boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Elsa doll for 5 yo

DD is turning five on Saturday and is asking for an Elsa doll. I have seen one on Amazon and on target's website that sings and comes with Olaf, but not sure if that is too young for s 5yo. Anyone have this one and know? Or have another suggestion? TIA!

here is the link http://www.amazon.com/My-First-Disne...ozen+Elsa+doll
    Last edited by boltfam; 04-28-2015 at 08:51 PM.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Don't have that specific one but do have the Mattel Elsa and the Disney Elsa (both Barbie style dolls) and the Disney one is so much prettier and has more moveable joints. That said, my 5yr plays the most with her toddler Elsa plush far more than the barbie style dolls. I think it's just so cuddly and cute. http://www.disneystore.com/toddler-e...54974/1000267/.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Don't get a singing doll unless it is from Disney Store! Don't, just don't, for your own sanity. The Mattel ones tend not to have an on/off switch and will just go on sometimes. Heck, I even regret buying my daughter the Disney Store one with the on/off switch because unless it was on "off" we would get random snatches of "Let It Go."

I will also second the Disney Store fashion doll version of Elsa. We have one from Target and one from the Disney store and the Disney Store one is so much prettier. I'd also recommend the new Disney Store mini Animator's Collection Elsa. She's a little pricey at $20, but comes with a bunch of cute accessories.

http://www.disneystore.com/disney-an...69833/1000259/

My DD is 4.5 and she plays with that one and her Elsa Magic-Clip princesses the most. She likes the fashion doll ones, but only sometimes plays with them. She sleeps with the Toddler plush Anna and Elsa every night.
    Mother to DD 10/2010

Thank you both for your responses! They are very helpful, but our Disney store closed several years ago, and I need this by Saturday. Any idea of how to get it from the Disney Store sooner than the standard 5-7 days without paying $20 in expedited shipping? I thought finding a nice Elsa doll in a b&m store or on Amazon would be no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by boltfam View Post
    Thank you both for your responses! They are very helpful, but our Disney store closed several years ago, and I need this by Saturday. Any idea of how to get it from the Disney Store sooner than the standard 5-7 days without paying $20 in expedited shipping? I thought finding a nice Elsa doll in a b&m store or on Amazon would be no problem.
    My 4.5 year old loves these: http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Frozen-...sa+magic+clips

We paid around that or maybe even a little more for her set.

You can get the 12 inch Disneystore Elsa for a little bit more than original price and with free two day prime shipping on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Frozen-...ords=elsa+doll

It actually would be cheaper than the store unless you live near one. We live about 1 hour from ours, though our close mall has a "Disneystore Coming Soon" sign up now!

The play set one we love is a lot more on Amazon vs. Disneystore with Prime shipping so I would just skip it.

The regular Elsa dolls are nice... just if you see the two dolls next to one another you can tell which is which, and the Disney Store one looks more like Elsa. I can get a fast picture if you want. Just whatever you do, don't get a singing doll. I love "Let It Go" still, but not in snatches randomly coming out of a toy.

OK, now with pictures of Mattel Elsa from Target (Disney Frozen Color Change Elsa) vs. Disney Store Elsa (Classic Elsa)

(No flash and super late here so lighting is off but you get the idea.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rkold; 04-28-2015 at 11:36 PM.
    Mother to DD 10/2010

Thanks so much for all the helpful information and the comparison pic! Thank goodness for Amazon prime and 2 day shipping!