Default Baby jogger versa, BOB, and seats

I have a 4 year old BOB and I am considering buying a versa for baby due this summer. I really wanted a maxi cosi car seat (because it is lightweight yet solid), but it appears as though a BOB doesnt have an adapter for a maxi cosi. Has anyone here ever used a BOB with maxi cosi?
    If I put an adapter on the versa for a car seat, is it still easy for me to interchange the bassinet and car seat? Or does the car seat adapter have to be removed to put the bassinet on?

KDsMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I can't really answer your questions directly as I don't have a bassinet or car seat adapter for my Versa, but I did want to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Versa! I used the seat with a Snuzzler from birth just fine in the parent-facing, reclined position. DD has always loved the Versa too. Great sun shade, awesome basket, easy fold (though DH always complains about the 2-step fold ), parent-facing seat, the list goes on and on.
    Christie
    DS '07
    DSS '09
    DSS '12
    DD1 9/21/14

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Love my versa too! I have a britax bassinet, and it snaps into britax adapters. No experience with maxi cosi, but I didn't even have an infant bucket seat. Love the bassinet for sleeping inside the house, on our main level. And for naps on the go.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

The stroller can handle my 4 year old, but he usually walks. Dd will be two next month, and she still loves it. Great basket, nice wheels. I only use my Bob for actually running with her. I also have an older Mac quest, but we just use it for air travel or quick errands in my small car. I like that the versa is smaller then a vista or a city select, but it could totally be a do it all stroller, if you are not a runner. We use the rumble seat too.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Quote Originally Posted by elizamom View Post
    I have a 4 year old BOB and I am considering buying a versa for baby due this summer. I really wanted a maxi cosi car seat (because it is lightweight yet solid), but it appears as though a BOB doesnt have an adapter for a maxi cosi. Has anyone here ever used a BOB with maxi cosi?
    If I put an adapter on the versa for a car seat, is it still easy for me to interchange the bassinet and car seat? Or does the car seat adapter have to be removed to put the bassinet on?
    It depends. If you can find a bassinet that works with the maxi cosi adapters, then no. You could leave the adapters on and use either bassinet or car seat. But the baby jogger bassinets snap into the seat spot on the frame. The maxi cosi adapter also snaps into the same spot on the frame, so if you use a bj bassinet, you would need to take off the adapters first. You could use a britax car seat and bassinet, and then just leave the britax adapters on all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    Love my versa too! I have a britax bassinet, and it snaps into britax adapters. No experience with maxi cosi, but I didn't even have an infant bucket seat. Love the bassinet for sleeping inside the house, on our main level. And for naps on the go.
    This might be the best solution for us. I didn't even think of doing a britax bassinet. And I know the britax infant seat would work with the BOB too. I REALLY wanted the lightweight, more compact feeling of the maxi cosi though. At least now I know the britax seat and bassinet would work.

Its just 1 button on each side for the adapters, and they are pretty small. I dont think it would be a big deal to use adapters with the car seat, if you like the infant seat that much more.

Do your britax bassinet and/or car seat wiggle around in the versa adapter? Mine have at least an inch of wiggle when connected and I'm not happy about it.