Default Jogging stroller for petite parent?

Would love an easy to navigate jogging stroller that works well for petite/short parents. Thank you!

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For actual running or just all terrain?

Default Jogging stroller for petite parent?

I guess all terrain? (I'm thinking I can use all terrain for running too?)
    Last edited by nomnom; 04-26-2015 at 07:34 AM.

If you're not a serious runner, the Mountain Buggy Swift has been great for me. I am 5'0". DS is 4.5 and I got it when he was 8 months. I have just about worn out the tires now and it has been a great stroller. I am mostly a walker though.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

if you do a lot of running, you will want a running stroller with a fixed front wheel, hand break and hand strap. the large, fixed front wheel is much more stable at higher speeds (ie. running) and the hand brake and wrist strap are a huge safety factor. i would not feel comfortable running without these (but i know many others do not feel this way - see below). we have an old BOB, i think its an ironman (going on 8 years old! but still going strong). very similar to this, although ours is blacks:

http://www.bobgear.com/strollers/ironman

its a pain to use for the mall or errands, so we just use it for actual running, on flat trails, paved trails, side walks or streets in a quiet neighborhood. the handle is not too tall for me, and i'm 5"3. dh also uses it and he is 6'1". make sure the tires are full of air and it will push like a dream. I would say we each run 3-5 miles about 3-4 days per week (with the stroller). depending on how much you run, you might be happy with more of an all terrain stroller that you could more easily use for other things as well. I see LOTS of moms with this one or similar http://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Trend...Hanna/17689552 walking and/or jogging on the paved path around a lake at our local park. also lots of these at soccer games, the mall, target, airport - pretty much everywhere.
    Last edited by abh5e8; 04-26-2015 at 03:16 PM.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

You just need to make sure the jogger has an adjustable handle and you are all set.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Ok thank you for differentiating the two. I am looking for an all terrain stroller. I will look at the suggestions given. More suggestions welcome

If you are going to be jogging you want 16" tires in the back. Most of the all terrains have 12" wheels and aren't suitable for jogging. Fixed front wheels are good for serious runners but it sounds like that's not what you want. Jogging strollers typically have a switch to lock the front wheel when necessary. BOB just introduced a model with an adjustable handle that you might try--it's called the BOB flex. The other good jogger is the baby jogger summit. Skip the in step/jeep type strollers. They weigh a ton and are hard to push under the best circumstances.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by nomnom View Post
    Would love an easy to navigate jogging stroller that works well for petite/short parents. Thank you!
    Hi, not sure what your budget is.

Good matches for all-terrain type of stroller good for a short parent would be Baby Jogger City Mini GT, Bumbleride Indie, and Mountain Buggy Swift. Hope that helps!
    Heather
    Owner, PeppyParents

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow mom View Post
    If you are going to be jogging you want 16" tires in the back. Most of the all terrains have 12" wheels and aren't suitable for jogging. Fixed front wheels are good for serious runners but it sounds like that's not what you want. Jogging strollers typically have a switch to lock the front wheel when necessary. BOB just introduced a model with an adjustable handle that you might try--it's called the BOB flex. The other good jogger is the baby jogger summit. Skip the in step/jeep type strollers. They weigh a ton and are hard to push under the best circumstances.
    I would suggest the BOB or Summit as well if you want something for everyday use as well as jogging. The Summit has a fixed handle, but I'm 5'2" and find the height comfortable, as well as the fixed handle on the BOB revolution. The flex model is nice though for the adjustable handle. The Mountain buggy Terrain would fit the bill as well, but it's pricier and harder to find used or on sale, plus it has a long fold. I have a Bumbleride Indie, which is a great stroller for walking and babes (totally flat recline, adjustable leg rest, firmer seat than other all terrains), but honestly don't think it's rugged enough for jogging or a lot of off-roading. I prefer the summit for that. The gt and swift have even smaller wheels and less suspension.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14