Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I'm so sorry. It's hard even when you're expecting it.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

sste is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sorry so late to this . . . crazy busy at work/home these days.

When I went through this I would tell myself (over and over), "This is the beginning point, not the end of the story." I know it sucks not to know the end of the story but let's face it no one does, I think parents of more typical kids are sometimes the most surprised of all. I do think with the resources, interventions, support etc your son has had and continues to have he is very likely going to exceed expectations.
    ds 2007
    dd 2010
    baby dd 2014

Gena is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Now that you've had some time to process it, I hope you are feeling better about the diagnosis. Personally, I found having an official diagnosis to be a great relief, because it opened new doors for services and supports and it provided us with a general roadmap of what to do next.

I hope that along with the official diagnosis you got a detailed report. Make sure that you share any new information with the school and update the IEP or 504 plan accordingly.

Hugs!
    Gena

DS, age 11 and always amazing

“Autistics are the ultimate square pegs, and the problem with pounding a square peg into a round hole is not that the hammering is hard work. It's that you're destroying the peg." - Paul Collins, Not Even Wrong

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3