Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Input on phil & ted's classic with 2nd seat please

Hi stroller mamas,

We are thinking about selling our 2012 UB cruz and getting this phil & ted instead with the new babe on the way:

http://www.target.com/p/phil-teds-cl...ouble+stroller

The only one I've seen listed on Craigslist is for the same price so with the $75 Target GC this is the better deal. I cannot have a side-by-side double with doors and aisles, etc. Just takes up too much space. We will try to see it in person but my main and first question is can the 44 lb. weight limit be true? Mopey only weighs 30.5lbs now but who knows next winter and how big the new baby will be. Not sure what to do if the weight limit is so low as I can't seem to find another top/bottom double. I just don't think she will always want to ride on the platform for the Cruz and I know she'll get cold/lazy. I have my G - Luxe and my Ergo and can see using those together a lot too. I love my Cruz but lately it's just too much to manage/push/deal with. We would have it cleaned and it has brand new wheels (plus covers and carseat adapter for Graco) - I think we could get around $350 for it.

Sorry for rambling but any and all advice is most welcome and appreciated!!! It was so much easier researching for one kiddo...I'm stumped!
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Personally - i LOVED mine! Couldn't stand a side-by-side, but LOVED my phil & ted. We had the sport - probably bought around 2007 and just sold last year on CL for a decent amount. I had black - and it held up well. Other colors i saw really faded.

Most people complained the bottom kid didn't have a view, mine (for some reason) would fight over who sat in the bottom!

I never had a problem with the weight limit - and i know we went WAY WAY over. This was when the 2nd seat was on the bottom, not the top. It did get tippy - you just have to make sure the bottom child gets in last and out first... making sure the main seat is weighing it down. I know my kids were in it even at 5-6 years old - trying to hitch a ride.

My only complaint - was that it was pretty heavy and a little cumbersome to put together - but the ease while using it made up for that to me.

I think this is a GREAT price - I think i paid that for mine years ago! (2nd seat sold separately).

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We love this stroller!! I think that is the weight limit for one seat, not both. 44# for front seat and #33 for the back. That said, my much larger children ride in the bottom seat with no problems.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

We love our Phil and Teds stroller. Our neighbors had the Classic, and we have the Vibe because it was 50% off at Costco when they randomly bought out some company that sold strollers. I've had ours for 5 years now, and I've never regretted going that route. I know there are other models with the over-under set-up now (I've seen the second seat on the B-Ready, and a friend has the City Select double), and they may have more bells and whistles, but I bought the BOB cupholder and am good to go. My kids never complain about being in the back unless I've loaded the basket so full of junk that there's no legroom.=) Agree, I think the weight limit is for one seat. We definitely have gone way over that (DD1 occasionally rides in the main seat at 50 lbs) and have not had issues. That sounds like a really good deal, too.
    Sharing advice/encouragement for homeschoolers at Homeschooling for Normal People

Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks everyone! Sadly it doesn't seem that we can see it in person anywhere....and the gift card deal expires tomorrow so not sure what we'll do. Buy now, later? Haven't even priced the UB cleaning. Can't take too many strollers in my tiny apt and we are getting ready for full cleaning, painting, windows, etc. But anyway really glad for the positive feedback! Here's hoping the stroller comes back in stock and they offer the gc again!
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."