BabyH is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Magformers frustration

DS has several Magformers sets. We love them...until recently. Now they are repelling some(shocking!) and the structures crumble instantly. I swear it seems like the sets are different quality. It's very obvious some are stronger than others. I've been in contact with the company, and while they are very helpful, I'm also getting a little bit of the runaround. But come on, these things are expensive, and it is not ok with me for the castle to fall down the second we build it. DS is getting disappointed in a toy he was once OBSESSED with. Anyone else? I was planning on buying more, more, more....

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

wait...so the new sets seem to be repelling and falling? or the old magformers seem to be losing their strength?

we have several sets, i think 4 or 5, but they are all a few years old. they are still very strong.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

BabyH is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

That's kind of the million dollar question. I have them all in one big storage container so it's impossible to tell which ones are being "lazy". I even sent the company two videos of what is happening. They are such a timeless and fantastic toy...I don't want to feel frustrated.