TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Muffin-cup omelets or quiches?

Any good recipes for muffin-cup omelets or quiches that can be made in advance and sent for DD2's lunch? I have never made muffin-cup omelets before...is it as simple as placing the scrambled egg mixture in the muffin cups and baking?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I've used this recipe many times with success and happy bellies. I use mini muffin pans. http://www.food.com/recipe/mini-frit...rentiis-162488

lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Looks yummy, I've been meaning to try this also!

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes it's as easy as scrambled egg plus toppings, then bake. I love the flexibility of using whatever I have on hand in small amounts (that little bit of onion or peppers you didn't need for a dinner recipe for example) to dress them up.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I do a version with ham slices as the "crust," like this one: http://paleonewbie.com/easy-paleo-ham-egg-cups/

Love making these for quick on the go breakfast for me and kids. Super easy and I freeze a bunch so I don't have to make as often. Just whisk some eggs and add whatever you want. Our favorites are turkey bacon and cheese and I always throw in some diced veggies. It's a great way to get kids to eat vegetables too!