Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

kind of a side note, but does anyone else think chicken parm is a pita to make? Maybe it is because I am not Italian and didn't grow up making it, but it makes lasagne look easy IMHO. I like Tinkyada and VitaSpelt branads (although the VitaSpelt might not be gluten free....I just do most things wheat free) and Quinoa Plus gluten free pastas. I have been cooking wth them for over 10 yrs. and no one complains.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    kind of a side note, but does anyone else think chicken parm is a pita to make? Maybe it is because I am not Italian and didn't grow up making it, but it makes lasagne look easy IMHO. I like Tinkyada and VitaSpelt branads (although the VitaSpelt might not be gluten free....I just do most things wheat free) and Quinoa Plus gluten free pastas. I have been cooking wth them for over 10 yrs. and no one complains.
    I'm also not Italian and didn't grow up making chicken parm, but I find Giada DiLaurentiis's recipe to be easy, flavorful, and light-tasting. She replaces the heavy breading with herbed oil brushed on pounded cutlets, which can be either pan-fried or grilled, using the oven to melt the cheese as the last step.

As we're not gluten free, we serve it with regular penne, but it would turn out nicely with risotto or sauteed bitter greens.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DH is celiac, so I mostly cook GF. For a long time DH went without pasta, thinking he'd not find a good sub. The Barilla GF pasta that we've used is great. I'd use it without reservations and make a red sauce.

Or, make tacos. That's really easy to do gluten free.

ETA: sorry it's too late for this to be helpful, but perhaps some other reader may find it useful.
    L, mommy to my one and only, super-sweet boy, G 6/08

I'm pro-big bird, and I vote.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3