Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default List your favorite fast pass uses!

I would love to know what attractions people think are worth using fast passes. Please list your favorite/most worthwhile uses of fast passes!

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    I would love to know what attractions people think are worth using fast passes. Please list your favorite/most worthwhile uses of fast passes!

Please note, last time in the park DD was under 40 inches. It's usually just me and DD in the park.

For us, in MK I like to use it for:

Meeting Anna and Elsa
    Meeting Mickey (ever since you started getting talking Mickey, the line there can be insanely long as in regular 30-40 minutes during off-times)
    7 Dwarves Mine Train
    Peter Pan
    Meeting Cindy and Rapunzel
    I didn't like the FP+ spot for fireworks but the FP+ spot for parades is amazing!

Epcot

We don't need to FP+ anything there at this time because DD is under 40 inches. Next trip I am planning to FP+ Test Track since she is over 40 inches, unless the new Maelstrom is up and running. Whether you prefer Soarin' or Test Track is a personal sort of thing. I don't like motion simulator rides, they almost always feel "fake" to me.

Studios:

Toy Story Mania

We then FP+ the Anna and Elsa sing along (which actually got full in Feb!) and sometimes the Disney Jr, just so we have a better spot. When she is over 40 inches we might try Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. I wouldn't FP+ Fantasmic until you've gone on the things you want.

AK

We FP+ the Safari and meeting Mickey and Minnie. Next trip we are going to FP+ Kali as well. Since I can't do Everest unless there is a second adult present, I do single rider, which generally has an under 10 minute wait.

But really what works for you can vary by who you are traveling with.

I don't FP+ Dumbo since they have the new play area, so the wait is not a big deal. Sometimes I FP+ enchanted Tales with Belle, or sometimes I just go super early or super late. The same holds true with meeting Ariel. Next trip we're hopefully trying Splash Mountain.
    Mother to DD 10/2010

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    Disneyland, or Disney World?
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by lalasmama View Post
    Disneyland, or Disney World?
    Disney World.

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Toy Story Midway Mania
    Peter Pan's Flight
    7 Dwarfs Mine Train
    Kilimanjaro Safari
    - princess meet & greets (didn't try this, but I think it would be a wise use of FP+ if you have a princess-loving kiddo)

A lot depends on when you're going. We went at a slow time, but got a FP+ for Buzz b/c I knew that DD would love it. We rode it several times in the standby line when the line was short and then used our FP+ as our last ride when the line was longer. We were able to walk on a lot of rides b/c we went at a slow time. DD isn't into princesses or some of the bigger rides (Everest, Tower of Terror, etc.) so we used our FP+s differently than a lot of people do.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Josh over at easywdw gives a good explanation of which rides are worth fastpasses in his cheat sheets: http://www.easywdw.com/category/cheat-sheets/
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by klwa View Post
    Josh over at easywdw gives a good explanation of which rides are worth fastpasses in his cheat sheets: http://www.easywdw.com/category/cheat-sheets/
    This page is golden. Save it on your phone and refer back to it after you've used up your fast passes. You can run to a kiosk and use this sheet to pick another and then ride and do it again. We got 8! Fast passes during spring break this way. No lines for us, we rode so much!

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    This page is golden. Save it on your phone and refer back to it after you've used up your fast passes. You can run to a kiosk and use this sheet to pick another and then ride and do it again. We got 8! Fast passes during spring break this way. No lines for us, we rode so much!
    Thank you klwa and WTG for this info. This kind of thing is so helpful! Thank you all others who weighed in. It is so helpful seeing what people like to use their FP's for!

I know you can book fastpasses 60 days out, but is that from the first day of your trip? So, if you are staying 5 days, does that mean you can book the last day of your trip 65 days out, or do you have to book each day separately 60 days out?

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

We used the cheat sheets last night to work out what we wanted to do for fastpasses and to figure out a plan for times don't have a fast pass. We're going to keep it on our phones as suggested.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast