Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default I'm such a klutz and it's NOT FAIR.

I haven't been around lately. I've been doing clinicals for school, working as much as I can handle, my mom went downhill really fast and passed away in March, and I haven't been able to move in a non-painful way for months. I'm not complaining about any of that (at least right now). I am complaining about stepping on a loose vent cover. This would probably be fine for most people. I am not most people. My foot dislodged the whole cover sending my foot all the way into the vent and toppling me over onto the floor, without half a second to catch myself. This would be (mostly) fine if I was not 30 weeks pregnant. I did all the good things. I went to L&D. I truthfully told them exactly what happened. I let them monitor me for however long they felt like it. Then I refused pain meds because I was mostly fine except for a bruised ankle. I am a genius. Fast-forward to now. I think the ankle is only bruised, but my pelvis appears to be out of order and I have little range of motion in my right shoulder. I'm pissed at myself, I'm more than a little worried, and I'm trying to figure out what I will do with this semester's clinicals if I did something bad to myself. I cut it really close as it is. My semester ends when I am 37 weeks and I have nursing shifts scheduled until 36. My two year old just had surgery and I am supposed to be taking care of her. Instead I am pretending to do homework but I am really complaining on the internet while eating rolos. I am done complaining now- at least for the moment.

Oh my goodness! Couldn't read without saying so sorry you are having to deal with this. I do hope that it is just a matter of being sore and nothing more significant happened. I hope it is something that resting and rolos can fix! It does sound like you can use some self-care right now, so do what you need to do for yourself!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Um, I think you have every right to come over and kvetch a bit.

Sending hugs!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh my, I'm so sorry! You definitely need a break! I've been through nursing school and sprained my ankle while pregnant so I can commiserate with you on those! Sounds like you need a day off to recoup on this Mother's Day! And I think you deserve a mother's helper for a gift! I'm so sorry about the loss of your mom too. (((HUGS))) to you.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Hugs! I'm glad you came to complain and eat rolos. Its truly necessary to sanity sometimes. Sending you some good mojo too that there's nothing seriously wrong and you'll be feeling better quickly!!!
    Lizi

That is a lot to be juggling all at once. Complain away! Sending P&PT that you feel better quickly. Also, I am so very sorry for the loss of your mom.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Wow! I feel for you! You're juggling so much to have to deal with pain, too! Hugs to you!!!

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm so sorry! Have you seen the chiropracter yet to help realign your pelvis? That helped me some in pregnancy. I hope the rest of your clinicals pass quickly!
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

First, you have a lot on your plate, complain away. I'm sorry you fell, that sounds scary. And I'm so sorry for your loss, especially today.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Katigre View Post
    I'm so sorry! Have you seen the chiropracter yet to help realign your pelvis? That helped me some in pregnancy. I hope the rest of your clinicals pass quickly!
    No I haven't, but it's been a serious problem since the beginning of this pregnancy. It feels like SPD and SI joint separation...and then I fell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast