Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

All of that would annoy me, but I am pretty cranky these days, so I don't know that I am best to give my opinion here...lol!
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I will be the voice of dissent and say I would maybe be annoyed but not truly legitimately bothered. With the laptop, my dh would claim it was my fault for leaving it in the counter. With the car seat, he would not know which to throw out and has no clue about expiration dates. On the clothing, he frankly buys our dd a few very cute and fashionable outfits every year. But he would never monitor what she put on and when. I remeber being on a business trip and seeing my dd in another friend's mom's Facebook post with pics from her birthday party in Windy chilly march and saw my dd wearing a pink trench coat that wasn't ours. I mentioned that in a comment to the mom and she said my dh sent our dd in a sundress and no coat so that mom had lent my dd her coat. The party was an Easter egg hunt. It was 40 degrees.

Some marriages really do work with divisions of labor. My dh just doesn't follow the details in certain "home related" things so he would make these kinds of mistakes. We divide responsibility on pretty much everything. I would also be like this in some of the matters he handles. I had to answer some randomly generated questions to get my credit report including the dollar range for our mortgage payment and the company we last had credit card with snd I failed the test. I just dont know those kinds if details.

So call it absent minded professor maybe - but for us it isn't ADHD or aspergers. It is just how we divide things.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Laptop would have me furious. Spill around electronics? MOVE ELECTRONICS. Right away, duh!!!

The others I could chalk up to just being clueless mistakes. I get how several of them add up to be super annoying though. My DH doesn't shake out the kids socks before washing them so they go through the wash and the dryer all balled up. I've asked him to shake out the socks before. He just doesn't get it, it's just not on his radar. Guess I should focus on making the kids shake them out before putting them in the hamper...

And leaving stuff from the fridge out on the counter - drives me BATTY. Get what you need from fridge. PUT IT BACK. Close the freakin' food container and put it back in the fridge!!!

Of course plenty of things I do probably drive my DH batty, like my disaster of a desk or all my clean-folded-and-just-piled-there clothes. We all just have different priorities.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I can totally believe it isn't passive aggressive. I know way too many people who just lack this kind of attention to detail. In fact, I have this propensity myself. I'm reformed, mostly, but that is probably why all three of those things WOULD bug me. They always say the things that grate the most are the things you see in yourself!

I'm also wondering if some of the attitude towards the grievances here in this thread has to do with the monetary value of the items in question and how much that negatively impacts the way your family works. In our family, a dead laptop would be HUGE. We'd have to do without a computer for several months probably. The car seat would also be a big deal, more so if we had planned on having more kids.

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I'm also wondering if some of the attitude towards the grievances here in this thread has to do with the monetary value of the items in question and how much that negatively impacts the way your family works. In our family, a dead laptop would be HUGE. We'd have to do without a computer for several months probably. The car seat would also be a big deal, more so if we had planned on having more kids.
    Same here. The laptop would be a big deal in our household because that's not something that we can afford to just run down to the store and replace on the weekend. Plus I don't deal with cluelessness very well. He seriously didn't think water could run under the laptop? And the car seat would probably bother me too if it's something that we needed to use for another child. The clothing thing made me laugh, though. My husband is the one who has the mini freak out if I send DS out in public looking less than perfect. I've been lectured many times for not properly wiping all the crumbs off his face. Lol
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Would this bug you???

I truly can't understand the laptop thing. I mean, I'm incredulous that an adult would just leave it in a puddle. I would take some responsibility, though....I'm always moving things out of our spill zone, especially when my ILs visit. I'll tell them they put something in a "wet area" (wallet, phone, keys, etc.).

The clothing... My husband has a knack for putting our kids in their dingiest clothes, even when they have a closet/drawer full of new things. Even today, he put our younger son in one of his oldest, rattiest t-shirts. I usually say something, but he's sick of hearing it. I just can't understand how it happens every single time it's his night to pick outfits (we alternate nights). He always, always picks out the very LAST thing I would choose.

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMolly View Post
    Yes that would all grate on me. I have a pet peeve about crusty kids. I am setting myself up to be flamed here, but I fully admit it, I don't look at a filthy kid with a cray-cray outfit and go awwwwwwwww! Daddy is taking little Billy out today! How cute! Nope, I'm the judgy bey-otch in the corner thinking Duuuuuuude, did you not even look at your kid today?!

I completely agree with this!!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    My issue with the laptop is it's just soooo lazy! How can you not think to wipe the whole counter? Even if it were a book, not a laptop, it should be moved.

The reason the car seat doesn't bother me, is unless I specifically told my DH I planned to sell it, I wouldn't expect him to know, especially if I had another long expired car seat just sitting around. I'm the person in our relationship who means to get around to doing stuff. My DH would think he was doing me a favor by finally getting rid of the old car seat that'd been sitting around for years, I couldn't rightfully get mad that he didn't know there were multiple old car seats. If OP wanted to sell it, get to getting! (Again, I'm totally the "I'm going to sell that one day" person who never quite does).
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMolly View Post
    Yes that would all grate on me. I have a pet peeve about crusty kids. I am setting myself up to be flamed here, but I fully admit it, I don't look at a filthy kid with a cray-cray outfit and go awwwwwwwww! Daddy is taking little Billy out today! How cute! Nope, I'm the judgy bey-otch in the corner thinking Duuuuuuude, did you not even look at your kid today?!

And yes, my kids have left my home in my care with breakfast or toothpaste on their faces more times than I care to admit. I'm not perfect! But I will lick my finger and clean off what I can.
    Yep, I would lose my mind if he showed up with dirty kids at the doctor. Of all the scenarios you mentioned, that one made me cringe the most, which I was sure put me in the minority.
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3