Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mom_hanna is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Wishing you all the best and peace with your decision. You have some direction now which must feel good. You are a wonderful father and husband. There is only so much you can do. Be kind to yourself.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

All good thoughts to you and your DD! You have done so much to make things stable and easier for your DD. Wishing you all the very best during this time!!
    Mom to 2

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Giantbear, I've said it before and I will say it again and as many times as you need to hear it, you are a Great Dad. Not just a "father" ... you're a Dad.

That's an important distinction.

It's wearying being both Mom and Dad, but you manage to do it with grace and style. Your DD is so very fortunate to know that Daddy loves her and will not let her down, especially when the rest of her wee world seems shaky and crumbling.

You remind me so very much of my own Dad, who struggled with a lot of the same challenges you face daily, and I know as much as he didn't want the divorce to happen, it was much better for him. (And for my mom, but that's another story.)

Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way as you face yet another sh!tty time. You will get through this; we're all in your corner.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Have you talked to an attorney yet? The best thing you can do is be prepared so make sure you've had a consultation and know what to expect. Then if you decide you want to file you are prepared. In divorce cases people often act in very unpredictable ways so your best course of action is to be prepared for anything. I am so sorry for the stress you must be under and sincerely hope one way or the other it improves soon.

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I am very sorry to hear that. You have been working very hard for a very long time. Whatever happens, I hope you find peace on the other side.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

Ms B is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ExcitedMamma View Post
    Have you talked to an attorney yet? The best thing you can do is be prepared so make sure you've had a consultation and know what to expect. Then if you decide you want to file you are prepared. In divorce cases people often act in very unpredictable ways so your best course of action is to be prepared for anything. I am so sorry for the stress you must be under and sincerely hope one way or the other it improves soon.
    I second this . . . better to have counsel in mind (and money put aside for an initial advance payment to the attorney) and not need to file than find yourself rushed to deal with those issues at some point.

That said, I hope it does work out at home for you if it can.
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

A friend of mine is going through a divorce, and like you she tried for years to do everything she could to rebuild her relationship with her husband. I really admire the strong ethical strength behind her commitment, and yours to your marriage. But if the other person's not interested in improving the relationship, there comes a point when it's better to accept that and move on. She said our pastor told her, 'Some things that are broken just can't be fixed." When she started to accept that, she gained peace. If that is the case here, I hope you have peace in your heart too as you move on.

Oh, (((((hugs))))) GB.
    You're a wonderful father, and your daughter is so lucky to have you.
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

tmahanes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethkott View Post
    Oh, (((((hugs))))) GB.
    You're a wonderful father, and your daughter is so lucky to have you.
    I fully agree with this!

Thinking about you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Tara

DS - B 2/10

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast