Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMolly View Post
    Is FIL alive? If so, congratulate her on her self awareness. If not, or if they are divorced, console her and congratulate her her on her self awareness.. It is so BRAVE of her to own this. On Facebook, no less. Bless her heart!
    Lolololol!!!!!!
    Bless her heart!!!
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

I'm sorry for your struggles. FWIW, at least 4 of my FB friends shared that same article, which was oddly popular. I scanned it and couldn't understand the draw. Hopefully your MIL is clueless rather than cruel. Going through anything personally painful is harder in the Facebook era. Everything is just so...in your face for lack of better wording. Good luck with everything.

jal is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Try to keep Hanlon's razor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor) in mind:
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

I found it curious that about 12 hours after this thread was started, I saw the exact same facebook post. Apparently it's one of the things currently getting shared all over facebook.

i like Jal's reminder. i think people get "facebook stupid"-- and dont' even think how people will react. it's not that they wouldn't care if they hurt you, it's just that it doesn't even occur to them. or maybe she did.... either way it's completely wrong and awful, but i just feel like it happens so often on facebook!!! i have had several things like this happen with stbx's family on my facebook. and worse- i think it's smart what all these people have said about hiding people. do it. before someone says something direct and worse.(and hypocritical...and ....well, you get the point.) people are so mean sometimes (again, especially on facebook)!!

Hide MIL. and then anyone else who might stress you out. i'm thinking of your family and hoping for what's best for you and your marriage and your children!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMolly View Post
    Is FIL alive? If so, congratulate her on her self awareness. If not, or if they are divorced, console her and congratulate her her on her self awareness.. It is so BRAVE of her to own this. On Facebook, no less. Bless her heart!
    I like this retort so much. I'm sure there would be many snickers on the other side of the screen from some ppl on her fb feed.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3