Default Valco Snap Vent and advice needed...

I have a Valco Snap Duo, older version for about 1.5 years. I got it after a lot of research (and an aversion to CMD because everyone around here has one of those!) and I like it for the most part. I use it exclusively as my car stroller, so it goes in and out of my Sienna's trunk on errands... I have come to HATE the fold! I liked the idea of it in the beginning that the seats are protected and the it folds pretty flat. However... 75% of the time I bang my shins either opening or closing it and I have a small back issue and bending down to pick up to lift in the car is annoying and uncomfortable!

Is this a good reason to sell and change??? And honestly, is there anything else out there that is comprable to what I am looking for? I need a double that is light weight, easy push and within my budget... I do not like umbrella strollers... I know a lot of the strollers out there already (because well, I like strollers ) but maybe I am missing something?

Hope someone here can help because we are taking lots of outings over the summer and I'm not sure my bruised shins or aching back could take much more of this!

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

yikes...i think that is grounds for a new stroller! but, i'm not sure what the next best option would be. have you tried the CMD and britax be agile double? are they any better? what are the sizes, ages of your dc and your budget?
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    yikes...i think that is grounds for a new stroller! but, i'm not sure what the next best option would be. have you tried the CMD and britax be agile double? are they any better? what are the sizes, ages of your dc and your budget?
    There are things I like and dislike about the both of those strollers. My main dislike of the CMD is that it is sooo popular in my neighborhood. The B-agile was pretty bulky and heavy from what I remember of it when I tried it out while I was pregnant. I do like the look of the b-agile more than the CMD. I dislike the basket of the CMD very much.

The ones being in the stroller for the most part is an almost 3 yo and a 1 yo. My almost 5 yo also sometimes hitches a ride...

My budget is less than $300 because this is a car stroller, after all... I have a Bob duallie for neighborhood walks.

Any suggestions? And I thought I was soooo over this decision making already :-/

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hollie at Baby Gizmo recently reviewed a double that folds with the seats in...I don't know if that fold would be any different than the Valco but it might be worth checking out. Let me see if I can find the review. Also, does it need to be a side by side? I think there is a new inline double...I can't remember who makes it but let me look around.

Here's the first stroller I was talking about, the Combi Fold and Go double:
    https://www.babygizmo.com/2015/04/re...ller-giveaway/

Also, UppaBaby has a new double, and they have a rumble seat for the Vista:
    http://uppababy.com/vista/overview/
    https://www.babygizmo.com/2015/04/ba...2015-stroller/

ETA: I just saw your budget. The Uppa is much more than that. The Combi is $330 at BRU and BBB so if you use a 20% coupon it would be within your budget.
    Last edited by TwoBees; 05-27-2015 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Added links
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    Hollie at Baby Gizmo recently reviewed a double that folds with the seats in...I don't know if that fold would be any different than the Valco but it might be worth checking out. Let me see if I can find the review. Also, does it need to be a side by side? I think there is a new inline double...I can't remember who makes it but let me look around.

Here's the first stroller I was talking about, the Combi Fold and Go double:
    https://www.babygizmo.com/2015/04/re...ller-giveaway/

Also, UppaBaby has a new double, and they have a rumble seat for the Vista:
    http://uppababy.com/vista/overview/
    https://www.babygizmo.com/2015/04/ba...2015-stroller/

ETA: I just saw your budget. The Uppa is much more than that. The Combi is $330 at BRU and BBB so if you use a 20% coupon it would be within your budget.
    Thanks!

I watched the Combi video and I like the stroller, but it happens to not fold inward. It folds very similar to the CMD and Britax, with the strap in the seat, and pulling. It definitely has nice features with the individual canopies, and cup holders. I have to figure out if I should just go away from my certainty that an inward fold is better... My thought was that it stays cleaner and the baby's toys don't float around (I attach them to the stroller straps).

I like the UppaBaby stuff, but like you said- way beyond my budget ;-)!

Also, I do prefer a side by side, they usually have an easier push.

I don't know much about Combi as a stroller company, any info on them? I will do my research too, of course :-)

meljc is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

If your only objection to the CMD is that everyone has one... you should probably just get that ;-) There's a reason it's one of the most popular doubles around!

Quote Originally Posted by meljc View Post
    If your only objection to the CMD is that everyone has one... you should probably just get that ;-) There's a reason it's one of the most popular doubles around!
    Yeah, I know... but you don't know me ;-) Even if it's something I like- if everyone has it, I don't on principle! I'm weird like that...:-)

meljc is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Would the GT double satisfy the need to be different? We have one and it's really nice.