ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Booking first Disney trip for October, should I get the Disney credit card?

We've finalized dates for our trip at the end of Oct. and I need to put my $200 deposit down. We will be doing the free dining special and staying at Caribbean Beach. Flying w/ miles DH has accrued at Southwest (or mostly using miles, may need to pay a little bit as I won't fly the cheapest flights late night w/ two kids!). I'm trying to figure out the best card to put our down payment, and then the rest of the trip on. Our travel agent suggested getting the Disney card. This will most likely be our only big Disney trip as a family. We do have Disney stores at the Hershey and Lancaster Outlets (I'm in another nearby town), but I might visit those stores maybe once a year, if that. MIL lives close to one and tends to buy the girls all their Disney stuff.

Does the Disney Visa include travel/accident insurance? My Citicard seems to have good coverage for that, Capital One seems to be not as good. Figured I'd use the card that gives us the best insurance options and the best rewards. We have the money for our trip banked, so will pay it off on the monthly statement.

I got the Disney card, because there are perks in the parks if you have one. The card is managed by Chase, so it has the same insurance that they give other cards. The info about the card is here: https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-Cards/disney.htm
    Info about the perks for having the card is here: https://disneyrewards.com/vacation-perks/
    Happy Healthy and Handsome DS 8/13

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks. I've already put our deposit down on our Citi Card, we will probably just stick with using that for everything as we won't be doing frequent Disney trips or shopping.

I got the card just for the trip and thought it was worth it. I paid a little at a time on the card, then had the points transferred to a reward card which I used to pay my final installment. I also got discounts on all the things my kids wanted to buy while we were there.

We have traveled using a disney card and without and the disney card didn't provide any worthwhile advantages, IMO.
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

ckso is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Dayzy View Post
    I got the card just for the trip and thought it was worth it. I paid a little at a time on the card, then had the points transferred to a reward card which I used to pay my final installment. I also got discounts on all the things my kids wanted to buy while we were there.
    I thought it was worth it too. They're offering a $200 new card incentive so that alone makes it worth it for me

Quote Originally Posted by ckso View Post
    I thought it was worth it too. They're offering a $200 new card incentive so that alone makes it worth it for me
    That's right, I got a $200 gift card just for signing up. And I had about $700 in rewards by my last payment.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ckso View Post
    I'm not seeing $200 just $100. Do you know if this ended? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Nope, it's still good. I'll pm you more info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Nope, it's still available. I'll pm you the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk