Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Wow birthday gift for kindergarten boy?

I'm looking for a good birthday gift for a kindergarten boy. I don't know him too well, but his family has been very good to ours so I'm looking for something nice. I only have a 3 year old girl and no experience with toys for kids older than mine! I'd appreciate some good ideas! TIA!
    Lizi

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Wow birthday gift for kindergarten boy?

Things my ds liked in k were:
    Imaginext- if you can find the Eagle Talon castle for under $45, go for it!
    Magnatiles
    Nerf

Never into Stomp Rockets. They were always a fun one time novelty then done for both my boys.
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 05-03-2015 at 11:21 PM.

I would probably get a Lego set with a gift receipt. Bonus if it is a super hero Lego set!

You didn't give a budget, but if it is in your budget ($65ish) the Imaginext Bat Bot would be a wow gift. Any of the Imaginext DC Super Friends sets would make my 4.75 year old happy.
    If your budget is more like $20, stomp rockets are always recommended around here but I've found that not many people outside of BBB know about them and they are great fun.

My boys loved stomp rockets at first but they didn't have as much staying power as the rocket balloon: http://www.amazon.com/Rocket-Balloon.../dp/B0009Z3KDU
    The hexbug Aquabots set ($50 at Target) was a HUGE hit at our house until my younger DS (very) forcefully turned the fishing hook and broke it in half where it attaches to the base.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks for the replies!
    Lizi

My kids LOVE stomp rockets, but they're inexpensive, and all the kids around here had them by age 5.. I'd go for a Lego set in budget with a gift receipt. In our neck of the woods, a superhero set or Star Wars set with as many mini figs as possible would be a big WOW gift. I don't know a single 6 year old boy that doesn't love Lego. Give the gift receipt, though, in case they already have the set you're giving.

Lego has become my default gift, too. Although I'll add my son is clearly an outlier. He got three sets for his birthday five months ago that we haven't even opened. So definitely add a gift receipt. lol
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    Lego has become my default gift, too. Although I'll add my son is clearly an outlier. He got three sets for his birthday five months ago that we haven't even opened. So definitely add a gift receipt. lol
    Mine has 5 unopened sets.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Mine has 5 unopened sets.
    I'm very curious what your guys love. Will you share?

DS doesn't start K until this fall but he is 5.5. He still really likes playing with Hot Wheels and Cars vehicles. He lines them up, races them, etc. And he likes bigger trucks and remote control cars. He's also into sports, so when the weather's nice, he wants to play basketball, soccer, baseball, etc., with DH.

When I pick him up from day care, sometimes I'll see him playing with Legos or other building sets with his friends, but it hasn't translated to home (I bought him some Magformers for Christmas that have largely been untouched).
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast