Default How is the push? ... Baby Joger Vue

So we are on the hunt for a lightweight stroller with a reversible seat for extended city use abroad. We already have a Bugaboo Cameleon 3 and a City Mini. We have never traveled via air with the Cam for risk of damage and I just had the frame replaced under warranty so it makes us even more hesitant to take it unless we get the proper padded bag to reduce the likelihood of damage. But with the steep price of the bag which may or may not be used again, it kind of makes more sense to just get a different stroller.

I am considering the Baby Jogger Vue stroller (now discounted $140 in many outlets) in lieu of purchasing a new Bugaboo travel bag for $160-180 retail. I tried my local Craigslist to find a used travel bag but no hits. I also tried to contact two CL couple sellers about their used Bee strollers for sale, hoping to get something under $180 but no responses yet. So my question is how is the push on the Vue? I know it won't be Bugaboo smooth but is it at least comparable to the City Mini? Will the baby feel every bump and crack in the sidewalk? Will I feel vibrations in the handles? Can it be managed decently with one handle pushing? I'm trying to get a sense for how sturdy and smooth it is...

(Our designated travel stroller, the City Mini, is super sturdy, has that awesomely deep recline and canopy for naps, gate checked without a scar, works like a charm in the airport to carry baby and car seat hanging off the back (convertible car seat also fits snugly into the seat of the stroller for transport that way too). The ONE thing the City Mini doesn't do is rear face If it was our usual week long jaunt somewhere with our own rental car and not much use on city streets / crowds, I would have no issue. But for 3 months in an unfamiliar city / vehicle only at designated times, DS will be riding in his stroller a lot and I need him to be able to face me, to be in arms reach for better security and also to be able to see us / not be as overwhelmed by crowds. He barely made it though Costco today - every time DH would step behind him in the stroller to look at something with me he would crane his little head and body around to find us. We do babywear him in a Boba Air or Beco but he is too heavy at 25 lbs for that to be my main way of transporting him.).

And I guess there might be other strollers in this price point that would suit our needs? Maybe a little more cost? I'm not against selling the City Mini to put some more $ to this purchase but I need to be sure it will be very well replaced as our designated travel stroller. Thanks for any feedback and also pointers on anything I may not be considering here.
    Last edited by Zukini; 06-01-2015 at 01:10 AM.
    DS 2014

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The Vue does not have a good push at all. Maybe for 3 months it will be good enough, but the city mini is by far a better stroller. I think the seat is fairly reclined and not very supportive when it parent faces, so be sure your DS is okay with that.

Thanks PZ Mommy! I was able to find a Vue to try in store, and it just didn't feel that sturdy for what we need it for. We decided to just get the Bugaboo comfort travel bag and luggage check the Cam. Then brought the City Mini as our usual gate check and layover shuttle stroller.

Worked out well. Stroller bag was well padded with some of our diaper stockpile, and you can see a little wear on the hard edges of the bag but the stroller arrived unscathed and that's all that matters. And fwiw, we arrived yesterday and we are thrilled we brought it because the streets, curbs and sidewalks here in São Paulo are so unpredictable that we needed something more rugged like the Cam to handle it.

DH added this when I walked away for a second from typing this post, lol: I spent too much money but it's ok.

Lol
    DS 2014