TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Why doesn't DH see this as a problem???

DD1 is extremely energetic and at time, defiant. I'm pretty sure she has ADHD. DH has a hard time seeing any of this because she is exactly like him, and he has ADD (diagnosed as an adult, and he takes medication). Well DD1 had her kindergarten readiness testing today. For certain basic skills she scored at the 13th percentile. Like reciting the alphabet. Why? BECAUSE SHE REFUSED TO DO SO! However, when DH mentioned to the person in charge that her not being able to do it was ridiculous, he called her over and asked her to recite it in a different language. Yep, no problems. Did she tell them what number came before or after 5? Nope. But When DH asked her what 2+2 is, she answered correctly. I wasn't there, but she apparently scored high for the higher cognitive tasks but not the basic ones. And DH doesn't see this as a problem. And won't listen to me!

I'm sure DD1 was in a particularly defiant mood because she is still angry that I would not let her sleep in our room last night, and when she tried to sneak in when she thought I was asleep, I carried her back to her room and let her cry there.

Argh! Not sure if that made any sense. Today is apparently my day for BPs.

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

That is very frustrating. It drives me nuts when Dh doesn't see what I see in the kids. She's old enough for neuropsy testing. Maybe the professional opinion will help him see her issues better.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

Argh! I would wait and see what the school says, surely they should notice that?!
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019