ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Kids books on death/spirit

My kiddos are 7 and 10 and know two people are sick. Any books that explain death in kids terms

Is there any faith or "afterlife" that you want to teach them about? (ie, Heaven or no Heaven, angels or no angels, etc) I think that plays into what books more than anything else...
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

Default Kids books on death/spirit

Following. FIL is terminally ill (will die in 4-12 mo) and I need something for my kids 9 & 6. I'd prefer something non-religious
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Here is for younger kids, but could work as a conversation starter and give you a chance to cuddle up first for a story and then a discussion. It's a non-religious children's book, sweet and well-written: Always and Forever by Debi Gliori. Here's a synopsis: When Fox dies the rest of his family are absolutely distraught. How will Mole, Otter and Hare go on without their beloved friend? But, months later, Squirrel reminds them all of how funny Fox used to be, and they realise that Fox is still there in their hearts and memories.

http://www.amazon.com/Always-Forever...+forever+books

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    Here is for younger kids, but could work as a conversation starter and give you a chance to cuddle up first for a story and then a discussion. It's a non-religious children's book, sweet and well-written: Always and Forever by Debi Gliori. Here's a synopsis: When Fox dies the rest of his family are absolutely distraught. How will Mole, Otter and Hare go on without their beloved friend? But, months later, Squirrel reminds them all of how funny Fox used to be, and they realise that Fox is still there in their hearts and memories.

http://www.amazon.com/Always-Forever...+forever+books
    Thanks! I'm also looking for books etc on this topic to help my 4 yr old.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)