Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default Is the Bumbleride Flite my only option?

With number two coming in a few months I have been researching stroller options. I want/need a small stroller with an umbrella fold. I also want a stroller that work for a newborn with and without a car seat. The car seat we have is DD's Snugride 35, classic connect (not the newer click connect). It seems the only stroller that checks all the boxes is the Bumbleride Flite. Any that I am missing? TIA!
    ETA: How is the Flite? No stores have it so if it is my only/best option I would have to order it online. I would prefer to try before I buy, but I guess I could return it if needed.
    Last edited by trcy; 06-08-2015 at 10:12 PM.
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So absolutely must be an umbrella fold, not a small square fold?

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

How about the baby jogger vue?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    So absolutely must be an umbrella fold, not a small square fold?
    Yes, I find any other fold too cumbersome. I had a snap and go with DD and that was too big.
    Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    How about the baby jogger vue?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
    I looked at that and liked it, but it doesn't work with my car seat
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

What about the cybex umbrella stroller? I thought those might be able to take a carseat. Although I have a cybes onyx, and I wouldn't want it to be my only stroller. If you are willing to compromise on the fold, I would go with a Valco snap or a city mini. I find the city mini fold easier than an umbrella fold, but that's just personal preference.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Will the Chicco Lightway Plus take a Graco seat? Although I'm not sure it's the best umbrella option out there for you.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Quote Originally Posted by amom526 View Post
    What about the cybex umbrella stroller? I thought those might be able to take a carseat. Although I have a cybes onyx, and I wouldn't want it to be my only stroller. If you are willing to compromise on the fold, I would go with a Valco snap or a city mini. I find the city mini fold easier than an umbrella fold, but that's just personal preference.
    I do like the onyx, but I can't find it anywhere...online or B&M store. Any idea where it's sold and how much it costs?
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    Will the Chicco Lightway Plus take a Graco seat? Although I'm not sure it's the best umbrella option out there for you.
    I don't know if it will work with a Graco car seat. Everything I am reading just says the Chicco car seat. I will keep looking though, thanks!
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by trcy View Post
    I don't know if it will work with a Graco car seat. Everything I am reading just says the Chicco car seat. I will keep looking though, thanks!
    Hmm, so many strollers are compatible with the Click Connect seats but not the Classic Connect!

The MB Nano says it has a strap to secure a car seat, and is compatible with the Click Connect. Maybe it will work with the Classic Connect because of the strap? I'm not sure how comfortable I would be with that though, I would need to test it out first, personally. Also the Nano doesn't have an umbrella fold but does fold very compactly.

The Guzzie+Guss Sparrow says it works with Graco Snugride seats, but does not specify Click Connect or Classic Connect (http://www.guzzieandguss.com/sparrow...ler-p-175.html)
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    Hmm, so many strollers are compatible with the Click Connect seats but not the Classic Connect!

The MB Nano says it has a strap to secure a car seat, and is compatible with the Click Connect. Maybe it will work with the Classic Connect because of the strap? I'm not sure how comfortable I would be with that though, I would need to test it out first, personally. Also the Nano doesn't have an umbrella fold but does fold very compactly.

The Guzzie+Guss Sparrow says it works with Graco Snugride seats, but does not specify Click Connect or Classic Connect (http://www.guzzieandguss.com/sparrow...ler-p-175.html)
    Yea, the click connect vs classic connect has been a major road block.
    It looks like the nano or the sparrow won't work for newborns without a car seat. Nano says 6 months, sparrow 4 months. I would prefer both options; car seat for quick in and outs and no car seats for longer stoller time.
    This is so much harder than I thought it would be. I am not opposed to the Flite, I just don't know much about it and I can't try it out before I buy because no stores around me carry it. I would just like other options in case I hate it.
    Thanks for all the brain storming, I really do appreciate it!
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast