Liziz is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Mamas of doll-lovers...need input please!

Opinions needed, please!

DD is 3 and spends a lot of her time taking care of her "babies" (mostly her favorite doll, but stuffed animals too). She currently has a cheap-o Circo brand doll stroller and pack'n'play, and both get significant use -- probably her two most played-with toys.

I am planning to get her the Circo doll carrier for when DD2 is born (the one that looks like an infant carseat) -- she's obsessed with our real infant carseat, so I want her to have one for her babies when DD2 is using the real one. Anyhow, while I was at Target the other day, I saw this "multi-pack" of Circo baby gear....it had the doll carrier that I'm already planning to buy, as well as several other pieces -- a bouncer, a high chair (the kind you hook on a table), a diaper bag and changing pad (and maybe one more thing, I can't remember!). It was pretty darn cheap, and I'm trying to decide whether to get this. One one hand, I want to buy it b/c we have "real" of most of these items and I think it would be nice for DD to have her own while her sister is using the real ones. And she plays with the stroller and crib so much right now. One the other hand -- it's a lot of cheap "stuff" to clutter our not-huge house!

If you have a doll-loving preschooler....would he/she use all the extra "stuff", or is it just overboard and probably won't be used? (The whole "multi-pack" is around $20-$25, so it's not like I'm spending a fortune if I buy it -- it's more about trying to figure out if it will add fun toys to the house, or just clutter that will sit unused). Thank you!
    Lizi

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My DD has been a huge doll lover since she was a baby and still is at almost 6. She would have used all that stuff (and still does use her doll carseat, diaper bag and clip on chair).

Agree with acmom. My dd loves to play with her babies and she has more fun with the extra stuff like diaper bag, doll carrier, bed, high hair and toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tammy

Big DD
    Little DD

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If it helps, we have 2 graco toy doll strollers that still get heavy play from my 8yo and 5.5yo DDs, including the infant carrier attachment.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My DD loved that stuff. When she was two I found a set at Costco with a stroller, crib/pack n play and high chair and she used all of it every day. She had a diaper bag full of bottles, diapers etc. that she loved too. I bought a kid sized ergo thinking that she'd use it because I used one all the time with her and DS, but she never liked that. Maybe because she needed help putting it on?

Liziz is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Awesome, thanks for the feedback, everyone! I bought the set....haven't given it to her yet, but I think she's going to like it!
    Lizi