Thread: Awesome toy!

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Awesome toy!

I've been asking for tons of advice lately....so I thought I'd just share an AWESOME toy that DD plays with multiple times a day (aside from her dolls, this is about all she plays with, actually!). I love it, because it lets her be active even inside, and it expands her creativity figuring out how to move like the motion/music.

http://www.amazon.com/Educational-In...gic+moves+wand

Basically, it's a small wand. Every time you press the button, it gives a new combination of a way to move and a thing that moves like that (so for example -- "slither like a lizard" or "run like a deer" or "bounce like a bunny"), along with music appropriate to that movement. DD LOVES it. DH and I have a lot of fun playing with her with it, too!

It's one of the very few great items we have that didn't come from this board, so I wanted to share it here.
    Lizi

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Looks cool! I'm on my phone and can't see your siggy...do you mind sharing how old your daughter is and what age range you think this would work well for?
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BDKmom View Post
    Looks cool! I'm on my phone and can't see your siggy...do you mind sharing how old your daughter is and what age range you think this would work well for?
    My daughter is 3 (closer to 3.5). We gave it to her for Christmas, but it took her a couple months to really enjoy it. She's been really into it for several months now. I'm not sure if it was age-related or just getting used to it. I don't have tons of experience with older children, but we've had friends over with a 5 (soon-to-be-6) year old who also loved it. I think that kids younger than 3 would like it too, but they might need more "help" from a parent or older sibling to figure out what some of the words/motions are (though it's not like there's a wrong way to move!).
    Lizi

Aishe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My nine year old and six year old still love that wand. I should dig it out now that they're on summer break.

This is my go to 3 year old birthday gift. Have been gifting it for about 4 yrs now.
    My 4 & 6 year old boys both still love it.