Ms B is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Do they make size 7 overnight diapers?

The Biscuit is day trained (although not always pooping in the potty yet - he often asks to poop in a diaper, but that's a whole different post), but definitely not night trained. He simply does not have the physiological control yet to stay dry through the night.

We have been dealing with it by putting him in an overnight diaper with a diaper pad insert because the kid can really pee. I mean quantities. We have tried tapering off the liquids after supper, but he just does a lot of peeing in the nine to ten hours he sleeps and his business does not wake him up to pee because the kid also can really sleep (once he goes down).

However, the Biscuit is huge. I mean tall and big -- over 41 inches and over 40 pounds. And the size 6 diapers are starting to become too small. Several people have suggested pull-ups for nighttime, but they do not fit snugly over his abdomen and leak.

Is there such a thing as a size 7 overnight diaper? I am sure that they are spendy, but we only need one per night.

TIA!
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Do they make size 7 overnight diapers?

I LOVE Underjams pull-ups, and my almost 6yo/40lbs fits into the S/M size. It contains ALL the pee (he leaks out of every other brand of pull-up). There's a large size, too, that might work for you.

BUT!! I think they have been discontinued, so they're hard to find. I just ordered 3 boxes from diapers.com.

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I used to have to add a diaper pad - or diaper doubler for my one son. It was actually cheaper than buying bigger size or more expensive diapers.

Looks like they still sell them (though this wasn't the brand i used).... sort of like a maxi-pad but absorbed right through to the diaper:

http://www.amazon.com/Select-Booster...3855260&sr=1-1

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey0709 View Post
    I used to have to add a diaper pad - or diaper doubler for my one son. It was actually cheaper than buying bigger size or more expensive diapers.

Looks like they still sell them (though this wasn't the brand i used).... sort of like a maxi-pad but absorbed right through to the diaper:

http://www.amazon.com/Select-Booster...3855260&sr=1-1
    The brand you linked to are the ones we use now. The problem is finding something to put over it that fits snugly, will not leak, and also is not too small.

I might try a box of those Underjams and see how it goes. With my luck, they will work and then I will not be able to find them again . . .
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

My Target is carrying Underjams again!! I guess they aren't discontinued after all. Phew!

Quote Originally Posted by pastrygirl View Post
    My Target is carrying Underjams again!! I guess they aren't discontinued after all. Phew!
    I did find some at my local Target a couple weeks ago and busted them out over the weekend. So far, so good -- no leaks yet and The Biscuit has plenty of room to grow in the S/M (and hopefully will be night trained in what I figure will be the at least a year before he gains the 10+ pounds that would require us to go up to L/XL). As a bonus, he can pull them up and down himself, so it now is more feasible to start to try to have him use the potty by himself at night without waking us.

Thanks for all the good replies!!
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

Great! I'm glad they're working so far!