Thread: Bamboletta

Default Bamboletta

I was thinking of one of the smaller bamboletta dolls for my daughter's third birthday. Just interested in anyone's experiences. She mostly plays with her brothers toys and I was looking for something special and more girly for her. Thanks!

We've had bad luck with Bambos. We bought a few for DD and she never liked them or ended up playing with them. The people who work there are absolutely fabulous, but you might be better off joining a group like Waldorf Adoptions and buying a lightly used one since they no longer hold their value all that well.
    Mother to DD 10/2010

We have a classic doll for my older DD which we bought 5 or 6 years ago when they were impossible to get and sold for 2-3X the asking price on ebay. I tried for a year to get one on an upload and finally got a used one for her that barely got played with (I think she got it at age 3 or 4). Flash forword to this year, and I got a cuddle doll for DD2 when she wanted to play with her sister's classic doll. DD2 who is 18 months, never leaves the house without her "baby". She loves them. DD1 now plays with her classic doll (i think to prevent her sister from playing with it) and recently bought herself a cuddle doll when she one $100 in a raffle. The cuddle dolls are smaller, and less stuffed then the classic. I love the dolls, but love the company and her concept even more.

Thank you ladies! It is always so helpful to be able to get your advice.

i got a classic one for my daughter for her 3rd birthday...so i must have ordered it nearly 5 years ago? (i ordered a custom, so it was well in advance of her birthday)... i followed for a long time and they were very hard to get ! plus so expensive! (even more so now) anyway...."olive" is beautiful. i nearly cried when she arrived. the company is so sweet and the personal touches are so nice! the owner sent a handwritten note! the hair was so beautiful (and reminded me of my little daughter so much!)-- i'm a yarn-lover my stbx husband nearly croaked at the price, but just rolled his eyes....

he was totally right -- my child isn't really a doll person and this sweet doll barely got/gets any play. we did take her on a a few adventures (i thought this would help "bonding") and have adorable pictures, but .... no dice on the bonding. i made Olive sweaters to match DD ....still no bonding. I even bought Olive a mermaid outfit off Etsy (my daughter has had an ongoing obsession with mermaid tails her whole life)-- nopers.

i probably could have 2ndary marketed the doll if i'd acted at the very beginning when my daughter didn't have an instant reaction. now it's not really worth it, and i'll just keep it for grandbabies since i had the doll made to favor my kid, something seemed off about reselling it anyway.

oh-- i will say that the doll has been dropped at the playground and the dirt brushed right off. also , my neice who seemed to like the doll much more than my daughter, did get food on olive's face at some point.... it seems to be gone now (i think i just wiped it away with water at some point?)--so these dolls really are made to be friends and get play! just because ours lives in a doll bed doesn't mean they aren't sturdy toys.