Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Take home outfits and August babies?

Did you get something new for each of your kids as a take home outfit? This baby will be our 3rd boy so I can find something we haven't used as a take home outfit before and use that (especially since my friend had an August baby and gave me all her hand-me-downs), but I feel kind of bad about it, but then again, it's not like he'd ever even know (and probably wouldn't care anyway.)

Also, anyone have a mid-August baby? What do you dress them in to go home in and for the first few weeks? It is usually scorching hot in mid August here, but we will be in air conditioning almost all of the time. (My car even has remote start so it will be cooled off before he even goes in it.) I am thinking just maybe a lighter weight sleeper type stuff but is that too heavy for August? We like keeping the house cooler (like 70ish). Our other boys were April and Oct babies so we aren't used to this summer newborn stuff.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

New outfit each.
    Summer ds wore mostly onesies or sleepers. He seemed comfy.

Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Mopey was given a sweet little fleece footie by my dad so I thought I'd go for something similar in cotton for this baby. I'll pick neutral since I'm just not motivated enough to get a boy and girl one and return after Same little buzzing bees cotton hat will be worn home though. ETA: I am guessing this new bean will wear loads of the plain onesies we've got and maybe a little more if the AC is on....
    Last edited by Mopey; 06-18-2015 at 05:18 PM.
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Clothes from Janie and Jack for coming home. After that it really depended on the weather. He spent a lot of time in onesies. Like these
    http://www.diapers.com/p/gerber-5-pa...7&kpid=GBC-854
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I had boy then girl, so I did put each in something new. DS was a February baby, so he was in a footed sleeper and a hat. DD was a May baby, so pretty sure she was in a snap up creeper type outfit. Used the Aden and Anais muslin blankets a lot with her. I am not the type to really care about coming home outfits, though, and DH and I were the only ones there, so no one else even saw what they were wearing except in pictures.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have two August girls. They both wore cotton outfits and hats home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by swissair81; 06-18-2015 at 04:58 PM.

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Adding that if this baby is a girl, I will have many, many outfits and will definitely not be wearing anything new for a car ride home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine all wore the same outfit. At the time, I definitely wasn't thinking any of them would want it someday for their kids, if they do I guess we'll figure it out then. I'd go with something you like, whether it's something from one of your other two, a HMD from your friend, or something new. Since brand new babies don't regulate their temp well, I wouldn't be afraid to go with long sleeve cotton stuff for the coming home outfit.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've had July and August babies. Both came home in a onesie and pants. My oldest (July) just wore onesies. My younger (August) was a preemie, and he wore mostly wore onesies when at home, but put on pants when we were out places.

I never got my kids special take home outfits. Ds2 did wear the same sleeper ds1 wore. Both of my boys were summer babies...mid July and mid August. They wore a variety of clothes, from sleepers to one piece rompers to just a onesie.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast