Default Five year old boy

I need some ideas for DS's bday. He loves trucks and has a few Bruder and Tonka ones. We have tons of Legos passed down from my daughters. He is not into super heroes at all. I feel like this is the first year I can't come up with that "WOW" gift. Any ideas? TIA!

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Imaginext and/ or Magnatiles have been a hit since 4yo. They have some great Imaginext castles.

Ds1 has the Lion's den castle by imaginext (gift from my parents for his 4th bday in April) and really plays with it a lot.

Bikes were a big hit too.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

We have magnatiles and I should have mentioned he has never played with playsets, I saved all my girl's fisher price sets and he was never into them. I got the Imaginex rescue city when it was a great deal last year and he barely played with it, ended up putting it away. He is also big into sports, any sports themed ideas?

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Take him to a Minor League Baseball game?

Usually inexpensive, doesn't add to your "stuff" problem, and it's a great chance to see up-and-coming players.

We have taken DD to two Trenton Thunder games (AA affiliate of the NY Yankees) because they're local and she loves dogs. The Thunder have "bat dogs" rather than bat boys/girls as their gimmick.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

http://www.target.com/p/fisher-price...t/-/A-15275891
    Fisher Price BatBot. It's really more of an action packed robot toy even though it is Batman.
    This is a really cool toy. It does a lot of stuff and really holds DS interest since he got it for Christmas. I thought the MSRP was closer to 49-55 then but I ended up getting it really cheap as an Amazon deal so I'm not sure how much it usually sells for. I think it has a great wow factor and longevity.
    Last edited by ExcitedMamma; 06-24-2015 at 01:07 PM.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Do you have a sport net? Has your son expressed interest in a specific sport? If so, maybe a net plus some starter gear like soccer ball and shin guards, tball stand, bat and mitt, etc. I like the idea of pairing it with a special trip to a local game.

A scooter or new bike might also be an option.

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My kids of all ages LO V E the water baloon pump. Maybe not a wow gift but a big hit for us.