TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Best diaper for sensitive skin??? Huggies Pure & Natural discontinued...

I am so frustrated to learn that Huggies is discontinuing the Pure & Natural line - I loved that it wasn't scented, and it worked great for DD2's very sensitive skin.

What would be some good options to try for sensitive skin (DD2 has pretty severe eczema flares and gets diaper rash at the drop of a hat)? I feel like there is a lot of mixed feedback on Seventh Generation and Earth's Best. Is Honest Co. all that? Kirkland isn't an option as we don't have a Costco membership and I would really prefer something that I can order for home delivery. Thanks for any suggestions.
    Last edited by TxCat; 06-27-2015 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Typo
    DD1 10/2010
    DD2 8/2013
    And expecting DS1 10/2016

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Is this for your not-quite-5-year-old? My DD is 5 and still using overnight diapers as a "just in case" so I'm not waking up in a puddle when she inevitably crawls into bed with me.

Huggies has a new hybrid line for older children called TruFit that combines a fabric outer pant with a disposable liner. We've been fairly happy with the line (only leaked once and we've been using them since December-ish) and DD hasn't had rash outbreaks. [If you're interested, I have a handful of $2/off coupons for starter packs (2 pair pants plus 5 liners) that I won't be using any time soon; you're welcome to them. They expire in October 2015.]

Bonus - they're unscented and don't use dyes (or cartoon characters) though they are bleached.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

tmahanes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I really liked Nature's Babycare with B. They worked really well for us!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Tara

DS - B 2/10

TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Is this for your not-quite-5-year-old? My DD is 5 and still using overnight diapers as a "just in case" so I'm not waking up in a puddle when she inevitably crawls into bed with me.

Huggies has a new hybrid line for older children called TruFit that combines a fabric outer pant with a disposable liner. We've been fairly happy with the line (only leaked once and we've been using them since December-ish) and DD hasn't had rash outbreaks. [If you're interested, I have a handful of $2/off coupons for starter packs (2 pair pants plus 5 liners) that I won't be using any time soon; you're welcome to them. They expire in October 2015.]

Bonus - they're unscented and don't use dyes (or cartoon characters) though they are bleached.
    Good catch on my typo - no, the diapers are just for my almost 2 year old (the 5 year old has fortunately stayed dry in bed for several months now!). I'm guessing she'll be in diapers for another 8-14 months at least, so I'm going to have to come up with a new solution. Just so annoyed - finding the "perfect" diaper for your child is like the holy grail, and I'm dreading starting over with that again, especially because when she does get bad diaper rash, she gets is really, really bad - I'm very worried about what some other diapers might do to her skin.
    DD1 10/2010
    DD2 8/2013
    And expecting DS1 10/2016

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Abena bambo are wonderful - absolutely no scent and very absorbent.$$$ though they are available subscribe and save. We cloth diapered until daycare changed their policy and these were the only ones I liked for my heavy wetters.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TxCat View Post
    Good catch on my typo - no, the diapers are just for my almost 2 year old (the 5 year old has fortunately stayed dry in bed for several months now!). I'm guessing she'll be in diapers for another 8-14 months at least, so I'm going to have to come up with a new solution. Just so annoyed - finding the "perfect" diaper for your child is like the holy grail, and I'm dreading starting over with that again, especially because when she does get bad diaper rash, she gets is really, really bad - I'm very worried about what some other diapers might do to her skin.
    Believe me, I understand! DD's bum was fairly sensitive. The Pure & Natural line were our go-to until she started walking and regular Huggies Li'l Movers didn't bother her. We were also able to use Target's house brand in a pinch, but I don't know how much either of those has changed in the last few years.

I think we also tried Earth's Best, but I don't remember loving them.

When we got truly desperate, we went to cloth with hemp-and-fleece doublers overnight, but I seem to recall your schedule being such that cloth might not be do-able for your family.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Target up & up are fragrance free and good for sensitive skin.
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

If you are still looking have you tried Costco? DD1 who has super sensitive skin was fine with these, and the ones we used for Dd2 as well didn't stink. If you don't like them you can always return them.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)