Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Would you just get a snap n go for this?

DS3 will be born just a couple weeks before DS1 goes back to preschool. DS1 goes to preschool at a high school a few minutes from our house. We have to park in the student parking lot and walk 5-10 min (depending how fast I can get the kids to walk), all the way through the school to get to the preschool room. (Yes, it's a huge pain, but at $45/6 weeks for a pretty good quality preschool, I can't really complain much!) It was bad enough dealing with the walk with DS2 because half the time he goofed around or made me carry him, there's no way I can deal with DS2 and a newborn without a stroller. I know I could wear the baby (and I have carriers), but I don't think I'm going to want to haul him in and out of his car seat just for the preschool walk, especially if he's sleeping, and I'm not sure how cooperative DS2 will be while I'm wearing the newborn, it would just be easier to have my body free, I think.

So we have a graco infant seat that expires in Jan and I think we are going to use it till it expires. I already have a Britax B-ready with adapter but that's way too much stroller to haul out for this. We have a Baby Jogger city Micro, but I don't have a car seat adapter for it and it's front wheel is messed up, constantly locking every 20 seconds, but I'm not opposed to getting an adapter for it (do they make one?) and seeing if I can get the front wheel replaced if you think that would be better/easier than a snap and go.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Would you just get a snap n go for this?

When I was in that situation, I asked my neighborhood if anyone would be interested in a very short babysitting position. A mom who had just moved in 3 doors down brought her DD over on preschool mornings to put my baby down for a nap an d let her toddler play with mine while I took the 3 year old to preschool. It was a beautiful set up, and I didn't have to deal with schlepping little ones in\out of the crowded preschool haul...a task that made my blood boil some days. No coats, shoes, car seats, strollers, toys, etc. for the littler ones.

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I like the suggestion of having someone watch the baby, but if that's not possible I would get a snap n go. I think you can usually get them pretty inexpensively on CL.
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

I currently use a Britax B-Agile with the adapter and a Graco infant bucket. I think the B-ready is very similar in size (maybe yours is a tad bigger??). Either way, mine is very easy to open and close and a super quick install of the bucket seat. Admittedly, if I'm just doing a quick run-in somewhere, I don't fasten the extra buckle over the top of the car seat (it's included on the adapter)
    I think you should be fine with what you currently have.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Fro that exact scenario I had a snap n go. Well, not quite exact scenario- needed a double sng for my twins when I taking my 4yo to preschool. It made life a lot easier. My only concern is that your DS2 will want a ride on the stroller if the walk is that far. Can you get a step to attach to the back of the stroller for him to ride on?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would get a snap n go. It is totally worth it, even if that is the only time that you use it.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

Can you get a snap and go for cheap on Craigslist or a FB swap? If so, then get one for that purpose. I used britax's version of the BJCM and snapped in our car seat.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'd actually look for a used sit n stand. Not something I'd want for my regular stroller but could be perfect for this! Might help you for DS3 AND 2!

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would totally get a snap n go. We used our almost exclusively for daycare drop-off and pick-up since the two kids were at completely opposite ends of the school. Also really convenient for running errands where you have to pop in and out of the car and several stores for just an item or two.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Thanks!

Our craigslist is full of snap and go's and Graco's so I think I should be able to find a snap and go for fairly cheap but now I'm wondering if I should do the sit and stand instead and not have to deal with DS2's fickleness/ unreliable cooperation...tempting!
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast