Thread: cloth liners?

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default cloth liners?

anyplace good to buy from, that ships to the US? i did a search here and it sounds like this year many of the mom-n-pop places from etsy (homestead emporium) no longer ship to the US bc of lame FDA regulations.

i recently switched to Diva cup and just looking for liners to use as backup, and also for non-period days. i actually have a stash of Lunapads I bought YEARS ago which i used to use a ton, but i don't have very many thin liners/light pads. And while they were nice, looking for something softer, more like velour. I bought cloth wipes for DC's from someone on hyena cart years ago, and DD still uses them to this day, so something like that material...

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

you can get one free (plus shipping) at partyinmypants which is my favorite brand. http://partypantspads.com/collection...rious-giveaway

All of mine are either from Rachel's Legal Pads (now closed), PIMP, lunapads (least favorite), and a few I made which are just ok. I would like to make more if I ever work down my sewing list.

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    you can get one free (plus shipping) at partyinmypants which is my favorite brand. http://partypantspads.com/collection...rious-giveaway

All of mine are either from Rachel's Legal Pads (now closed), PIMP, lunapads (least favorite), and a few I made which are just ok. I would like to make more if I ever work down my sewing list.
    thanks for this!! i just signed up to get a free Demi Liner. i chose the flannel..hope it works out!

If you need more, I believe Pink Lemonade (www.pinklemonadeshop.com) still ships to the US. She has lots of velour and minky options.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by wencit View Post
    If you need more, I believe Pink Lemonade (www.pinklemonadeshop.com) still ships to the US. She has lots of velour and minky options.
    thanks so much!! i just went to the site and ordered a few of the bamboo velour pantyliners & light pads. i got one of each of the different widths/lengths to try out. love the dye colors/patterns she has! anyway, hope at least one these work out..then i will just place another order.

oneplustwo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I know you already ordered, but just wanted to chime in that I have a lot of pads from Pink Lemonade and they're great.
    “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one often comes from a strong will,
    and the other from a strong won’t.” Henry Ward Beecher

Worry is like a rocking chair ~ it keeps you busy but it doesn't get you anywhere.

for Sandy Hook Elementary School

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Just want to say thank you again Melaine for this rec..just got my free liner today in the mail...yay! i like how it is very thin and lightweight.

i have Lunapads but they are rather thick and tend to chafe. the ones i have are also 10 years old (maybe got ~7 years of solid use, as i didn't use them while pregnant and other times) and they seem rather worn out. this PIMP brand seems pretty good..will porbably order a few more while i wait for the pink lemonade ones too. thanks again!!

just wanted to post an update/review in case anyone is interested! After getting free liner from Party in My Pants (PiMP) i ordered a few more. I also ordered some from Pink Lemonade shop.

Party in My Pants (PiMP) pads
    - OMG, love these..they are SO thin!!! Maybe bc it's triple-digit, sweltering weather at the moment, but this is a huge plus IMO. They are thin but seem like they can absorb a decent amount/less likely to leak bc they have that nylon backing. I love this about them. Lunapads liners that i have would easily leak through and on top of that were bulky..i think these are definitely better.
    -they also ship pretty fast. I was shocked at how fast i got my free sample and then my order..with 3-4 days maybe? And shipping isn't pricey..$4 and it is free over $50.
    -Only downside i would say is the price..the cheapest ones (liners) are $10, and even small pads are $13

Pink Lemonade shop
    -I finally got these last week, in bamboo velour. i tried mini liner, liner, then up to light pad. They are nice and SOOoo soft and i love the colors/design...however look/feel a bit bulky even for the smallest liner. The velour is soo comfy though! they definitely look "warm and fuzzy." maybe in winter i will feel differently? LOL.
    -shipping for these takes a while. i ordered mine on July 1, and didn't get my order until July 18! i think this is definitely more of a mom-n-pop/etsy than PiMP which has stuff in stock and ships the next day.
    -price is pretty good.. the mini liner was only $6 and most of the liners/light pads were under $10

in any case, i like both but i think the PiMP ones are my fave as i intend to use these mostly as backup for the Divacup/every day use.

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for your reviews. I've been following this thread and checking out all of the links. I'll have to order a sample from PiMP to see if they work for me.
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09