Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Wow that seems really long to me - seems like you might be at higher risk of anemia due to length of blood flow too. Mine are 1-3 days (only one is actual 'flow' and the others are spotting).
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    3-4 days. Yep. I lucked out in that department. I also don't get cramps.
    Ditto

Except last month, when it was like your current month, OP. Luckily back on track this month. It was very odd and unwelcome last month.

On day 6 now. I used to always have some light spotting first as a warning...now...I go from nothing to emergency. Not fun.

I also have very heavy days with lots of clots (some quite large) and then within hours, nothing at all, then back to flooding with clots. I don't sleep well because every time I roll over, I gush. It's miserable. 8 days is longer than average so I'd probably mention it to my OBGYN. I personally plan to ask (again) for an ablation because life is too short to be miserable and hormonal BCP's give me horrid migraines.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    6-7 days, two of those are flood days. I hate it.
    Same here, exactly! I don't mind the 6-7 days so much but I wish I could average my flow out over those 6-7 days. As it is, my flow is so heavy on 2 of those days that I have to change my Diva cup (size 2) several times throughout the day, including once or twice at night (and it's FULL each time, like spilling over! Messy to change...) And then the rest of my days it's almost not worth wearing the Diva cup since my flow is so light. Kinda puts a damper on the benefits of using a menstrual cup:/
    Last edited by twowhat?; 09-04-2015 at 09:29 PM.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm very lucky; 2 *maybe* 3 days of bleeding, and then maybe 4 or 5 days of spotting (some days nothing, then back to spotting the next day).

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Not on the pill, 8 to 10 days every 25 days, and 2 of those are the kind of heavy blood through a super plus tampon every hour or so kind of days.

On the pill I skip the placebos so I only have AF every 3 months and it is only 3 to 4 days long and it is very light, almost no point in using a tampon.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

jren is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Mine had always been super short and light. 3 days. Then a few years ago, it started getting longer until it just never stopped and was much heavier. Diagnosed with fibroids and am now on the pill continuously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm lucky. I get only about two days of real flow and then a day or two of very light spotting.
    DD '06
    DD '14

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2