TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Ideas for my 2 year old's birthday present

I'm at a loss on what to get DD2 for her birthday next month. We already have a play kitchen and accessories, FP My First Dollhouse, a tricycle and a wheely bug, and Corolle baby dolls. What are some other ideas?
    DD1 10/2010
    DD2 8/2013
    And expecting DS1 10/2016

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Play house?

It's so hard to shop for #2, especially when they have the same interests that #1 did at that age! In retrospect, they don't really care what they get - they just love opening presents. Doll and stroller? Trains? Both were super popular with my DD2 when she was that age!
    Green Tea, mom to three

goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Magnatiles?
    Or a Micro mini kick scooter. DS2 has been using it since he was about 18 months and loves zooming around the park. (You'll have to get one for DD1 too though!)
    Or a Strider bike (seat goes a little lower than the Skuut).
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My DD1 loved jewelry and dress up clothes at 2. I got Mardi Gras chains and it was a big success. She also loved a tea set. And she still loves jewelry. For her 4th bday she asked my parents for lots of jewelry. The sparkly kind

My almost 2 year old also loves the scooter. Doctor kits were/are also very popular in our house. We have multiple sets and the doc mcstuffins clinic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have the same challenge for DC3. He is getting a pillow pet, maybe a piggy bank (the older 2 have nice ceramic banks from when they were a similar age,) and maybe something fun for everyone like sidewalk chalk. Maybe a growth chart. He truly doesn't need much.
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Tea View Post
    It's so hard to shop for #2, especially when they have the same interests that #1 did at that age! In retrospect, they don't really care what they get - they just love opening presents. Doll and stroller? Trains? Both were super popular with my DD2 when she was that age!
    I've almost thought about not even getting her a present since she wouldn't really know the difference. But that seemed too un-festive.

Love the suggestions so far, especially for the trains since we don't have anything like that right now and it might be really fun to add. Don't have a playhouse either so that is something to consider as well. We do have a Micro mini scooter for DD1 - DD2 is interested in it, but I think I'd rather get DD2 the next scooter up and pass the Mini Micro down to DD2. DD2 does love playing dress up with her sister's clothes so she might really enjoy stuff more her size. Great ideas!
    DD1 10/2010
    DD2 8/2013
    And expecting DS1 10/2016

Duplos? That's what Ds2 will be getting for his birthday from relatives. I will probably just "shop" in the basement and wrap up an old toy from my older kids.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)