elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Question about Cape May Character Meal

How long would it take to eat breakfast at Cape May? I have reservations but it's Epcot's extra magic hours and I'm wondering if it would be better to do the EMH instead of breakfast there. Reservations are at 7:50, and the EMH start at 8:00. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    How long would it take to eat breakfast at Cape May? I have reservations but it's Epcot's extra magic hours and I'm wondering if it would be better to do the EMH instead of breakfast there. Reservations are at 7:50, and the EMH start at 8:00. What do you think?
    When are you going? We're going in Sept and have reservations at Cape May for 7:50 too, but we're doing Mickeys Halloween Party the night before so I don't think we'll make it there that morning for 7:50, we'll probably be too tired. And I don't know how easy it is to get there from the Poly. But it's the only character breakfast we could get as I only booked our stay a few weeks ago! Sorry I couldn't answer your question, but have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
    When are you going? We're going in Sept and have reservations at Cape May for 7:50 too, but we're doing Mickeys Halloween Party the night before so I don't think we'll make it there that morning for 7:50, we'll probably be too tired. And I don't know how easy it is to get there from the Poly. But it's the only character breakfast we could get as I only booked our stay a few weeks ago! Sorry I couldn't answer your question, but have fun!
    Keep trying to get reservations because things open up as people cancel their reservations!

BigDog definitely keep trying, things open up. I would definitely not want to do a 7:50 am reservation the morning I planned to attend the Party or the morning after. If you don't have a rental car, trying to get there from the Poly is a challenge. Assuming the MK bus is running, you would need to take the monorail to MK and then take the Yacht/Beach Club bus to the Beach Club. I'm surprised you can't get Tusker Hour in AK. That one tends to be very easy to book.

Elbenn I find most character meal are a minimum of 1 hour. I've never done Cape May but the shortest character meal I ever had was maybe ~45 minutes. It can just take a while for all the characters to make the full circuit. I find it varies by location whether the hold up is the food or the characters. (Crystal Palace, characters vs Aksherus, food.) In terms of EMHs it's important to decide if the attractions with EMHs help you and are attractions you want to ride. Sometimes the lines are still long because of the # of open attractions.
    Last edited by rkold; 07-26-2015 at 10:37 AM.
    Mother to DD 10/2010

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I agree that it will take about an hour. FWIW, early EMH is mainly helpful to ride either TT or Soarin with no lines. You can only get a FP+ for one or the other.

And what hotel are you staying at? Unless you are staying at one of the Epcot area resorts, it can take a long time to get to a hotel for an early meal reservation.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    I agree that it will take about an hour. FWIW, early EMH is mainly helpful to ride either TT or Soarin with no lines. You can only get a FP+ for one or the other.

And what hotel are you staying at? Unless you are staying at one of the Epcot area resorts, it can take a long time to get to a hotel for an early meal reservation.
    Staying at Boardwalk so I think it's close by. I have FP for Soarin so was hoping to get to TT early, but if I go to Cape May, we wouldn't get to the park until about 9:00.

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    Staying at Boardwalk so I think it's close by. I have FP for Soarin so was hoping to get to TT early, but if I go to Cape May, we wouldn't get to the park until about 9:00.
    The Boardwalk, depending on room, is a short walk to the Beach Club. If you get one of the rooms all the way at the end near the tennis courts it could take more like 10-15 minutes vs. if you are closer to the actual Boardwalk.

How old are your DCs? If you and they don't mind riding alone, there is always the single rider line. My DD (assuming she finally makes the height line) I couldn't do that with since she is little, but if your DCs are 8+ it might be less of an issue. I'm not into motion simulator rides (most feel fake to me) so I'd probably pick TT over Soarin' but that is a personal preference.

And actually, TT (and Soarin') are a good 7-10 min walk from the World Show Case entrance. (You enter between France and the UK and need to walk through all of the UK, Canada, the showcase entrance and then cut all the way over and past the Odyssey/child care area to get to TT or walk past Journey Into Imagination to get to the Land. I know because I jogged a good portion of that route on my way to Norway and was still 15 minutes late to a ressie. >>;
    Mother to DD 10/2010