Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Disneyland Bathrooms Update Post 16

Updated in Post 16.

I know this is a weird question, but hopefully someone can help answer this. This will be our first time at DL since my youngest has been potty trained. He is 3, and has some sensory issues. His biggest fear is hand dryers in the bathroom. Even if he isn't using them, if anyone in the bathroom sets them off, he flips out and will not even enter the bathroom. Do the bathroom at DL have hand dryers? If so is there any bathroom there that doesn't? We go yearly, but I've never paid attention to this before. Thanks!
    Last edited by PZMommy; 07-28-2015 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Update

No clue, but when my DD was that age, the toilets at the airport that had the plastic covers freaked her out. The ones were you push a button and the plastic cover moves to give you a "sanitary" surface to sit on. I remember being in O'hare and DD was freaking out horribly. And one of the women who was cleaning the bathroom just tore the plastic wrapper off so DD could sit on the potty in peace. It's so hard when something freaks out your newly potty trained child in the bathroom.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

I know WDW has the hand dryers because my DD *LOVES* them. I would be surprised if DL didn't have them as well. One thing you can always try is visiting the bathrooms in the Babycare center. I think those have tiny potties for little ones and might not have those dryers. If there is a special family bathroom that is separate that might be another option. You can also try talking to a cast member at Guest Relations to see what sorts of solutions they might have. The Cast members at Guest Relations tend to be very helpful with all sorts of issues. When we visited WDW in Oct 2014, DD could not walk/stand because of Lyme, so we got a special tag to use her stroller like a wheel chair. It made a huge difference.
    Mother to DD 10/2010

He doesn't mind the automatic toilet flushers, which surprises me. Georgiegirl, I'm from Chicago, so quite familiar with those toilet covers at Ohare. Not sure what he would think of those???

I will have to check out the baby center. We used that before when he needed his breathing treatments and we needed to plug in his nebulizer.

He has low tone, so he can't stand in lines either. Unfortunately the lines at DL are not capable of taking a stroller in them, so we have to carry him. I'm afraid this may be the last year he is light enough to be held. Not sure what we will do next year. I know they offer the passes where you can get a time stamp and then come back later, but he won't understand that concept. He sees it, he wants to do it. I guess we will worry about that next year, and just enjoy this year. We go yearly as a birthday present for the boys instead of a party.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We were there a few days ago and I'm pretty sure that most of the bathrooms have paper towels. There may be some with dryers but I can't picture them. I know we did a lot of waving our hands in front of paper towel machines.

ckso is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't remember exactly whether there were dryers but if there were, there weren't many of them in the restrooms. I remember that they are mostly paper towels because that's what we always used. We're always in a "hurry hurry" mode in DL so I usually would notice if we had to wait for dryers

But when we were in WDW, there was always one, and if someone is sensitive to the noise of one, there is no guarantee it won't go off when either someone wants to use it or someone like my DD goes over to play with it.

It's like the bathroom in my local Big Y store. They have both, and if it is just you in the bathroom, it's a non issue, but you can't control others in the bathroom unless it is small like a Family one.
    Mother to DD 10/2010

ckso is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Can you bring ear muffs/headphones that he can wear just for the bathroom to help muffle the noise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ckso View Post
    Can you bring ear muffs/headphones that he can wear just for the bathroom to help muffle the noise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He won't wear them. We have tried that. We've also tried ear buds playing his favorite songs from my iPhone, and that doesn't work either. We've tried bribery, but he doesn't really go for that either. He is a stubborn one! lol

I'm sure the bathrooms will be crowded, so hoping just regular people noise will drown out some of the dryer noise.

We're hoping to go to DL next week, and I will check to see which bathrooms don't have a blower, since if there is one, DD will find it so she can play with it. >>;
    Mother to DD 10/2010

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast